Dick Vermeil warming up negotiations | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dick Vermeil warming up negotiations

That would mean they dont have a 3rd rounder to trade.

I thought KC had 2 3rd round picks with the comp. pick. sorry:confused:

PeterJNO said:
Yes, they didnt have a 3rd before they got the comp pick. Unless NFL.com is lying to me, when I see it already mentions 36 99 Kansas City (Compensatory Selection) , they still only have 1 pick.

kthxbye

they only have 1 pick in the third round (the compensatory one), their other third round pick was traded away for an OL at the start of last season.

saves said:
I don't think you can trade comp. picks.
Exactly right..Comp picks CANNOT be traded. Thats the whole sticking point with KC before the comp pick...they only had 2 first day picks and didn't want to trade one of them.

''We'd like to get one more [free agent]. We'd like to get a corner before we go into the draft,'' Vermiel said. ``We're interested in Surtain, we're interested in Ty Law. There's just a chance. It would all have to fit.''

The Chiefs and the agency representing Surtain, Premier Management, have had conversations in recent days.

A fit with Surtain would have to include a contract averaging approximately $7 million per season with $12 million to $14 million in guaranteed money. The Chiefs also would have to compensate the Dolphins with a ''first-day'' draft pick, meaning Miami is seeking a second- or third-round pick for the Pro Bowl cornerback.

The Chiefs were awarded a third-round compensatory pick (99th overall) by the NFL this week.

It is either going to be the 2nd rounder this year...or next...or a combo ...we should take nothing less than a #2

havanahec said:
I was wondering when the old Pat Surtain trade rumour post would be back. Let me guess its on again. Oops my bad its saturday it must be off again.

It's on again cause there is an actual quote not some media spin. Vermiel came out directly with that quote.

PHINATIC13 said:
I heard KC was awarded a 3rd round pick(front page articles) so if they gave us both their 3rd rounders would you guys take it?

awarded?? in what way??? :confused:

you cannot trade comp picks... forget the idea... Ill take a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year

FakeSpike13 said:
you cannot trade comp picks... forget the idea... Ill take a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year

thats what I was going to say...if it was a 3rd comp pick awarded then you cannot trade it.

VanDolPhan said:
It's on again cause there is an actual quote not some media spin. Vermiel came out directly with that quote.

This is nothing new they have been saying the same thing for weeks. Didnt K.C'S G.M say the same thing not to long ago.

landshark44 said:
they have two thirds, they got one as a compensatoy pick for losing john tait last year. i would take two thirds
KC only has one 3rd now. The Iggles got our original 3rd for the Welbourne trade (which he completely sucks!) and we got a comp 3rd for Tait.

Bottom line, we only have one 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom