Dick Vermeil warming up negotiations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dick Vermeil warming up negotiations

I was wondering when the old Pat Surtain trade rumour post would be back. Let me guess its on again. Oops my bad its saturday it must be off again.

I heard KC was awarded a 3rd round pick(front page articles) so if they gave us both their 3rd rounders would you guys take it?

PHINATIC13 said:
I heard KC was awarded a 3rd round pick(front page articles) so if they gave us both their 3rd rounders would you guys take it?
Sure.

I think I would take two 3rds. What number overall are they?

Dolfan1000 said:
I think I would take two 3rds. What number overall are they?
They only have one third. Round: 36, Overall: 99. Their second round is overall: 46. :shakeno:

PHINATIC13 said:

I would even consider a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year!

they have two thirds, they got one as a compensatoy pick for losing john tait last year. i would take two thirds

This is good news. As much as I like Surtain, I keep telling myself we will not get anything for him next year. His cap hit will keep us from getting players after June 1st cuts. Get the deal done already!

Yes, they didnt have a 3rd before they got the comp pick. Unless NFL.com is lying to me, when I see it already mentions 36 99 Kansas City (Compensatory Selection) , they still only have 1 pick.

kthxbye

Two thirds would be good, but looking at the situation, it would be even BETTER if we find a way to trade down and acquire a 2nd rounder + late rounder +highish pick next year (1st, 2nd or 3rd depending on how far we move down) and move down a couple spots. All of a sudden, we would have a high 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds.

I don't think you can trade comp. picks.

Back
Top Bottom