Dick Vermiel says a deal for Surtain is in the works | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dick Vermiel says a deal for Surtain is in the works

stickman

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Again, this is coming from AM 610 out of KC. Don't blast me this time, I am just posting what I heard.

Hasnt a deal been in the works for 2 months. Was he suggesting it is almost done?

"a deal" well its not new news.

hes probubly "in the works" to get 3 diffrent CBs.

I hate the fact that people try to relate news they heard but are scared to get blasted because so many people on here call them out. Hey this guy has 6 posts, so what, he heard something and is doing what message boards are for, bringing it up for discussion. I am sure you will still get a lot of people calling you a newbie and saying that its not true.

It will prob happen the day of or the day before the draft.

KC is trying to see if Saban will blink.

well if what ya heard is true then the Chiefs had better give up a least a 2nd and no more of this 4th pick ive been hearing. Give us the value of Surtain or dont bother. :fire:

ohall said:
It will prob happen the day of or the day before the draft.

KC is trying to see if Saban will blink.
I think you are right on the money there.

well if it was up to Vermeil maybe we would have gotten this deal done already. But his boss is a bonehead who is lowballing us with a 4th rd for Surtain. Well Wanny is no longer here so unless they offer us a 2nd rd now..Or perhaps a 4th and a 2nd next year it aint happening!!

PhiNomina said:
I hate the fact that people try to relate news they heard but are scared to get blasted because so many people on here call them out. Hey this guy has 6 posts, so what, he heard something and is doing what message boards are for, bringing it up for discussion. I am sure you will still get a lot of people calling you a newbie and saying that its not true.

Amen.

Technology is great people, but they haven't figured out a way to link to a radio report. So chill.

We better hurry up and get the deal done because it's less than 2 weeks before the draft.

THOMAS_54 said:
We better hurry up and get the deal done because it's less than 2 weeks before the draft.

Thomas, don't be surprised if a deal happens ON DRAFT DAY. In fact, it's looking more and more like that's a possibility. And it's definitely allowed.

I have never seen a deal be so long "in the works". Complete the deal or lets move on. I would just as happy to see him remain on the roster. If he performs real well next year we can think about 'franchising', if not then let him go.

pcfin said:
I have never seen a deal be so long "in the works". Complete the deal or lets move on. I would just as happy to see him remain on the roster. If he performs real well next year we can think about 'franchising', if not then let him go.

Well, the length of the process isn't that surprising,. Look at the on again off again Henry for Shelton trade.

Back
Top Bottom