Did any of you not watch the Dolphins last year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did any of you not watch the Dolphins last year?

landshark44

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I have been a loyal fan since the super bowl victories of the early 70's. I can honestly say that I watched every Dolphin Game from 1975 through last year every week in it's entirety. Even when they were getting blown out, i kept watching, thinking somehow they would win the game.

Last year, I don't know if it was the decision to keep Wannstedt, the Ricky retirement, or just dismal play, but i just could not watch the games. I would start to watch them, but usually at some point in the first quarter, I would just find another game to watch on the Sunday Ticket.

I do consider myself to be a loyal fan, but last year I just couldn't watch. Wondering if any of you were the same way.

Anyway, I am looking forward to watching this year....

Nope, watched ever minute or ever game! Pissed my friends off that come over to watch directv, but I'm a Dolphin Fan, I pay for the Directv, and That's what I'll do every year.

My wife knows, that sundays she won't see me, she just hears me yelling a lot!

Watched pretty much ever game except for the Ravens game because I think I was travelling. I turned off the Jets MNF slaughter halfway through as well.

SkapePhin said:
Watched pretty much ever game except for the Ravens game because I think I was travelling. I turned off the Jets MNF slaughter halfway through as well.

I might have turned that one off if I wasn't there! :cry:

I watch every road game, and I attend every home game....

I've even traveled cross country a few times{@SD / @SEA / @SF / @JAX / @TB}. I'm a die-hard incase you haven't noticed....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I watched as many as I could, but being away at college I am forced to watch all the crappy bears games while the dolphins lose.

but the interesting thing was, I was home four times during the football season. and coincidentally (because i dont believe in anything else) the dolphins won every time i was home, watching with my dad. I know that sounds like a bunch of crap, but its the truth.

the only problem was, i was rooting AGAINST the dolphins. I knew that Wanny had to get fired, I knew that we had to have a HUGE coaching change, and I would have loved to get a high round draft pick (Number 2 sounds nice)

So from the very beginning I counted on the fins losing. And even though I watched every sunday from my computer on nfl.com to see the little football icon move down further and further to the opposite endzone, I still cheered everytime we scored and waited for the day Wannstedt would be gone.

I only watched 3 or 4... Ricky quitting took away a lot of my excitement. I'm a Sunday ticket flicker anyway... i'm constantly flicking to other games.

Come on, There aren't any diehard loyal fans out there that will admit to not watching the games last year.....

Since I am not from the South Florida area and I still can't get directTV in my area due to Community rules and lack of southern sky access, if it's nationaly broadcast I am on it! If it's not then I listen to every game via NFL Field Pass.

Though it may be tough to listen via Field Pass without Mad Dog as the color commentator. I hope they find someone that has at least half the fire that Mad Dog had. I don't think I could stand to listen if we had the color commentators that some of other teams have. :sleep:

Im going to miss maddog. :(

Sometimes I would mute the CBS broadcasters and put on QAM for Mandich.

I watched

I watched almost every game on Directv,except for when I was deer hunting, and then I tried to listen on the radio,when possible.win lose or draw,I LOVE my Dolphins.

landshark44 said:
Come on, There aren't any diehard loyal fans out there that will admit to not watching the games last year.....

Probably not, being the defination of diehard loyal fans means taking the good with the bad.

SkapePhin said:
Im going to miss maddog. :(

Sometimes I would mute the CBS broadcasters and put on QAM for Mandich.

I hear you and feel your pain but, at least CBS did't make the awful mistake of hiring Dennis Miller as the color guy. What a mistake ABC made that year. :roflmao:

Don't get me wrong I am a BIG Dennis Miller fan, loved his HBO series and his stand up routines. But, I coulnd't stand him on Monday Nights! :lol:

Yea, You caught me. I only watched a few games, went to 1 v.s Cinn and listened to some on radio, it was tough to be a fan last year but i pulled thru. I found myself rooting for a high draft pick and hopefully finding a diamond in the rough with some player no one has ever heard of before lol that didn't happen,So heres to this years draft we can only hope the guy's in the front office have a plan, I also hope we bring in loads of young talent to go with the old guys an can make a real run a a division title again............. gotto luvthem dolphins

Back
Top Bottom