Did any of you not watch the Dolphins last year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did any of you not watch the Dolphins last year?

I watched every game last year. The last one I recall missing was the AFC Championship against the Jets. I was on a plane and by the time I got through customs I had missed all but the last 2:00 (which I watched in the terminal). Since then, I've been able to at least tape any game I wasn't able to watch at the broacast time.

I didn't watch because I couldn't. I live in the panhandle and the Dolphins were so bad last year that the AFC affiliate only televised 2 games all last season. Before last year they would televise about 13 or 14 Dolphins games a year.

I watched every game last season from beginning to the end, except for the season opener against the Titans that wasn't shown anywhere except the teams local markets.

We were doing the torrents from the first exhibition game last year.For many of us there was no other way to watch the games.Yeah there were a few dropouts after the first few losses but the hard core fans stuck with it and we were watching the games after the fact knowing we got hammered by one team or another.Thats true fin fanaticism.

i expected that njfins fan, but i just didn't agree with any thing they did last year. keepin wannstedt, signing mcintosh and st clair as their big free agents. them not knowing that ricky was whacked. i don't have a problem with the things that couldn't be controlled, like the injuries to boston and gordon, but they did so many stupid things week after week. 2nd rounder for feeley?, 3rd rounder for gordon?. And in retrospect it probably wasn't that bad, but at the time i was pi**ed they traded ogunleye for a third rounder and marty booker. Come on, i know i wasn't the only true fan to have a hard time watching them last year...

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Nope, watched ever minute or ever game! Pissed my friends off that come over to watch directv, but I'm a Dolphin Fan, I pay for the Directv, and That's what I'll do every year.

My wife knows, that sundays she won't see me, she just hears me yelling a lot!

:yeahthat: I have been a Dolphins fan since 1972.....I live in Colorado so I usually either watch every game at a sportsbar or on Directv. We have a sportsbar here in Colorado where I watch the Dolphin games with about 60 other Fins fans....last year we had some games where only 6 Dolphin fans showed up. :(
I am just happy that all the games are on the satellite now...so those of us outside of Miami can watch the Fins all the time. :)

calphin said:
I watched almost every game on Directv,except for when I was deer hunting, and then I tried to listen on the radio,when possible.win lose or draw,I LOVE my Dolphins.

Oh yeah,I also went to SanFran to see them play the Niners at the Stick(Monsterpark)

CrunchTime said:
We were doing the torrents from the first exhibition game last year.For many of us there was no other way to watch the games.Yeah there were a few dropouts after the first few losses but the hard core fans stuck with it and we were watching the games after the fact knowing we got hammered by one team or another.Thats true fin fanaticism.
:beerbang:

i watched every game....some i got too drunk and forgot watching, but i was screaming at the tv for every minute of every game. and i'm a pretty quiet guy, i'm just that die-hard.

Hurricane Ivan prevented me from seeing the first few games as I was without power for a week, my satellite dish was damaged, and cable was down for 3 weeks. By the time my cable was restored, the local TV stations would not show Dolphin games because of their record.

landshark44 said:
I have been a loyal fan since the super bowl victories of the early 70's. I can honestly say that I watched every Dolphin Game from 1975 through last year every week in it's entirety. Even when they were getting blown out, i kept watching, thinking somehow they would win the game.

Last year, I don't know if it was the decision to keep Wannstedt, the Ricky retirement, or just dismal play, but i just could not watch the games. I would start to watch them, but usually at some point in the first quarter, I would just find another game to watch on the Sunday Ticket.

I do consider myself to be a loyal fan, but last year I just couldn't watch. Wondering if any of you were the same way.

Anyway, I am looking forward to watching this year....

You have my sympathy, it must be awful and i feel for you--like i do with all dolphins fans--Its a combination of expectations and disappointment i think- what with Ricky and all that last season and the thinking before the season started that we would probably go to the play offs and maybe the S-bowl itself. One thing i always think when i slag Wanny off is that he only wanted to win here--He just wasn't good enough--we should not kill him for that

landshark44 said:
I have been a loyal fan since the super bowl victories of the early 70's. I can honestly say that I watched every Dolphin Game from 1975 through last year every week in it's entirety. Even when they were getting blown out, i kept watching, thinking somehow they would win the game.

Last year, I don't know if it was the decision to keep Wannstedt, the Ricky retirement, or just dismal play, but i just could not watch the games. I would start to watch them, but usually at some point in the first quarter, I would just find another game to watch on the Sunday Ticket.

I do consider myself to be a loyal fan, but last year I just couldn't watch. Wondering if any of you were the same way.

Watching the Dolphins last year was like driving by a bad accident. I looked and then when I actually made out what was going on I turned away fast. Then I got mad at myself for looking in the first place. Then I did that again and again and again. Thanks for the nightmares Dave!

landshark44 said:

I watched every game, even if we lost by a billion points.

Back
Top Bottom