Did anybody catch this??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anybody catch this???

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
I didn't check if it was still there today but lastnight on miamidolphins.com there was something on their poll that made absolutely no sense. The poll was asking something like "What was your most memorable Dolphins moment?" And one of the options said the following:
December 9, 1991 - Miami defeats Cincinnato (it really said Cincinnato) 37-13 in Super Bowl V as Shula extends his record to 5-0 in Shula vs. Shula contests.

Now, I can point out about 4 or 5 ridiculous mistakes in this statement starting with the facts that there is no such team as "Cincinnato" and Super Bowl 5 certainly did not take place in 1991... And it certainly did not take place against an AFC opponent in (I'm assuming they meant) Cincinnati. Can someone explain to me why the guy at the controls at our team's website is a complete crackhead?

insomnia411 said:
I didn't check if it was still there today but lastnight on miamidolphins.com there was something on their poll that made absolutely no sense. The poll was asking something like "What was your most memorable Dolphins moment?" And one of the options said the following:
December 9, 1991 - Miami defeats Cincinnato (it really said Cincinnato) 37-13 in Super Bowl V as Shula extends his record to 5-0 in Shula vs. Shula contests.

Now, I can point out about 4 or 5 ridiculous mistakes in this statement starting with the facts that there is no such team as "Cincinnato" and Super Bowl 5 certainly did not take place in 1991... And it certainly did not take place against an AFC opponent in (I'm assuming they meant) Cincinnati. Can someone explain to me why the guy at the controls at our team's website is a complete crackhead?

David Shula did coach Cincy but not until the next year but I think Dave was on the bengals staff- maybe they were talking about that?

I'm sure it meant to say "Shula Bowl". Don was coaching against his son.

The poll is actually still up. the question is "What was the most memorable event to take place this week in team history"

I think they meant "Shula Bowl V", it must be the 5th time he coached against his son.

insomnia411 said:

Sure it didn't say Shulabowl?

Nope I quoted that exactly from the website... It's actually still up now you can go look if you want.

insomnia411 said:

Maybe it had something to do with the dolphins beginning the franchise in 1966 and it meant to say in their 5th year they went to the superbowl and it was suppose to be the 71 season for the 72 superbowl??? 1966+5 years = 1971 (TYPO INSTEAD OF 1991?)...thats the only I can think of making sense

I dont think we even made the playoffs in 91. Isnt that the year our last game was at home against the Jets and the winner was in and the loser out? We lost that game I remember, was that 91?

Back
Top Bottom