Did anyone look good? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone look good?

Not sure how they looked on TV, but from the stadium vantage point (as I know it is very different):

- Parker (who I bash incessantly on here) looked like the best player on offense and really the only true NFL caliber player on the field. It was that bad. But yeah, that huge catch he had - great look at it as we were in the EZ so got to see it down the middle - when he jumped, it looked as though he left the ground too early- then he hung in the air somehow as if he had hover jets in his shoes - and snagged it. It was weird just how long he was up there.

- P Williams - another big boy who is learning how to use his body. Welcome to the big leagues son - you have to concentrate and hold onto that ball through the ground. I like how he shook it off and scored after that.

- Ballage - agree w above that he looks the part. He’ll have his moments this year.

- X - had an amazing break on a ball that Ravens fans thought was a sure TD - closed on it like only the best CBs can. Too bad the play was negated by some other schmuck holding away from the play.

- Gesicki looks like less of a dork.

- Pepper - all the snaps were good.

- Haack - he was good too.

**** everyone else. Including Stephen Ross.

Our future #1 draft pick position looked outstanding.

I was loaded with my Baltimore friends but from my vantage point Parker ( surprising ) X as usual , Jones who is a goner, Preston , Ballage, Albert Wilson , and our ST. Hate to admit I’m off the grant train and the drake train. Also our entire offensive line can go to hell

I’m also sick that our number one picks are who they are. They are saying all ons for any other team . It’s sickening

Not sure how they looked on TV, but from the stadium vantage point (as I know it is very different):

- Parker (who I bash incessantly on here) looked like the best player on offense and really the only true NFL caliber player on the field. It was that bad. But yeah, that huge catch he had - great look at it as we were in the EZ so got to see it down the middle - when he jumped, it looked as though he left the ground too early- then he hung in the air somehow as if he had hover jets in his shoes - and snagged it. It was weird just how long he was up there.

- P Williams - another big boy who is learning how to use his body. Welcome to the big leagues son - you have to concentrate and hold onto that ball through the ground. I like how he shook it off and scored after that.

- Ballage - agree w above that he looks the part. He’ll have his moments this year.

- X - had an amazing break on a ball that Ravens fans thought was a sure TD - closed on it like only the best CBs can. Too bad the play was negated by some other schmuck holding away from the play.

- Gesicki looks like less of a dork.

- Pepper - all the snaps were good.

- Haack - he was good too.

**** everyone else. Including Stephen Ross.

I hope ppl on this forum start to understand why DVP is the no.1 wr on our depth chart.

I hope ppl on this forum start to understand why DVP is the no.1 wr on our depth chart.

I think Parker just increased his trade value! Half-joking there. Honestly, I hope he has a big season. We have always seen these type of plays from him just not consistently enough.

I would start Rosen next week. The evaluation needs to start now. But give his OL play last year and now, the kid is going to have ptsd.

Evaluation of what exactly? To see how fast he can run and how much of a beating he can take? He'll be dead before we have a chance to evaluate anything. Let the washed up old guy take the beating.

I think Parker just increased his trade value! Half-joking there. Honestly, I hope he has a big season. We have always seen these type of plays from him just not consistently enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland calls about him. Devante has been hindered by the scheme, qb play,Injuries and being in Gase's doghouse. This year will be a breakout year if he stays healthy

Ironically, the two players I thought had pretty decent games are two of the guys that get ripped the most; Parker and Gesicki. Williams had a nice official debut. Was a heck of a TD catch to get both feet in bounds. Sanders played well and Haack didn’t have any of his shanks while punting. In general I saw more fire from the offense than the defense.

I wouldn't say we always see it. Two years in a row Parker basically failed to make contested catches or get open consistently. It wasn't a lack of physical ability, it was a lack of confidence and execution. We know he has the ability though, and I liked gambling on him to bring that to the forefront seeing as another team would have given him the same or bigger contract taking the same gamble.

Ironically, the two players I thought had pretty decent games are two of the guys that get ripped the most; Parker and Gesicki. Williams had a nice official debut. Was a heck of a TD catch to get both feet in bounds. Sanders played well and Haack didn’t have any of his shanks while punting. In general I saw more fire from the offense than the defense.

I've never seen a lack of physical ability from Gesicki, I saw poor execution and poor feel for the NFL game when he was a rookie. Both in the preseason and today he's executed when given a chance, and if we can keep feeding him chances to succeed he has the ability to do real well in this game.

Back
Top Bottom