Did anyone look good? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone look good?

The only two performances on the OL that matter are Deiter and Jesse Davis. The others have 0 chance of being around next year.

I wouldn't say we always see it. Two years in a row Parker basically failed to make contested catches or get open consistently. It wasn't a lack of physical ability, it was a lack of confidence and execution. We know he has the ability though, and I liked gambling on him to bring that to the forefront seeing as another team would have given him the same or bigger contract taking the same gamble.
My biggest issues w Parker have been lack of concentration on the field. So many examples in the past where he “almost” makes a play but doesn’t finish all the way - or switching the ball from one arm to the other while running through the middle of the Jets defense - and predictably having it jarred our. That kind of stuff makes me nuts. That and he can’t stay healthy. But yes, he was the only player who commanded any respect from the Ravens today.

My biggest issues w Parker have been lack of concentration on the field. So many examples in the past where he “almost” makes a play but doesn’t finish all the way - or switching the ball from one arm to the other while running through the middle of the Jets defense - and predictably having it jarred our. That kind of stuff makes me nuts. That and he can’t stay healthy. But yes, he was the only player who commanded any respect from the Ravens today.

Clearly Parker isn't that mentally tough, there have been lots of issues and lots of valid criticisms. The talent IS there, unlike a lot of WR busts that just lack the ability people thought they would have when entering the league.

I think it was a mistake to give grant an extension. The guy has tiny hands and drops to many balls. And screws up all the time with mental lapses.

Clearly Parker isn't that mentally tough, there have been lots of issues and lots of valid criticisms. The talent IS there, unlike a lot of WR busts that just lack the ability people thought they would have when entering the league.
Agreed and I hope it all comes together for him. For what it’s worth he and Williams look absolutely enormous in person - love to see this work out such that if / when we turn the corner they are part of the puzzle.

I think it was a mistake to give grant an extension. The guy has tiny hands and drops to many balls. And screws up all the time with mental lapses.

He had a bad game for sure. He can make plays that help you win games - the deal was fair. Kid has the heart of a lion. I can’t hate on him.

Ledbetter showed some hustle and generated some pressure. Made a few plays. Might have a player there.

One thing folks need to keep in mind is that things get compounded in these types of games. Does it mean we're a mucher better team than what we showed?
Likely, not by a lot. I'll also remind folks even when we had Wake and the rest Baltimore still beat us pretty good.
The same goes with say the Browns who also lost by quite a bite and I think we would all agree on paper are the better team.
Now, are the Browns as bad as their showing today? Likely not either.

As the season goes on I fully expect the better players to stick out more.

Jason Sanders is a very good kicker.

I was too he is a tough SOB

He had a bad game for sure. He can make plays that help you win games - the deal was fair. Kid has the heart of a lion. I can’t hate on him.

I'm just not sure the amount of plays he is able to make here and there amounts to being worth the contract he got. But hey, it's not my money, and it's not we'll be prevented from pursuing anyone else because of the contract, so whatever. It's real purpose was probably to keep us at a certain salary level once we traded or cut nearly anyone else making any money.

Back
Top Bottom