Did anyone see our Oline play last year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone see our Oline play last year?

chub

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The draft is coming up and the chatter is all about a QB, RB, or WR. Do any of you think it will make a difference?

If our Oline doesnt improve any of our offensive draft choices will look like bums/busts. I mean if we take a QB he will get hurt, if we take a RB he will get hurt. The only offensive player that stands a chance to survive the season is a WR although they wont see the ball thrown to them for our QB's will be picking grass out of there teeth.

Solutions anyone?

The argument that we need a QB or RB is moot for I dont think there was one last year that did not get hurt. Like I say a WR will make little difference either.

I just hope we trade down and pick up some line help and a RB and QB to groom for the day when we have an oline!

Barron is the only offensive lineman worth taking.....and only if we trade down.

Yes everyone noticed it. Even Saban, hence why he hired Hudson Houck as the oline coach. You ask how is that good? Well he setup the Oline in Dallas to block for Smith. He took San Diego's below average Oline and look at L. Tomlinson.

He was the biggest upgrade to our Oline. The couple of free agents we got will help also. Give it time, he is a good Oline coach.

I should also mention that our Oline was the youngest and least experienced out of all 32 teams last year. They have no where to go but up.....or out...

Hudson Houck may be a great coach, he better be lol! It could be a long season if he is not. Wether our oline is young or not means nothing to me, what matters to me is do they have the potential? I am not certain, nor do I have the answer!

oh they have potential :) It's just how much remains to be seen....lol

Did you guys see that one penalty where the Ref called "false start on everyone but the center"...I think that is a strong testament to how terrible our offensive line was.

kingnate85 said:
Did you guys see that one penalty where the Ref called "false start on everyone but the center"...I think that is a strong testament to how terrible our offensive line was.

No I never saw that and I am glad I didnt lol!

Actually I fully expect us to pick up a center in the 3rd or 4th round since it's a deep class. Our 7th might also be a toss thrown to Houck to see if he can find anyone worth grooming. All this though depends on whether we pick up some extra picks. If not, a safety might be real tempting in the 3rd or 4th also along with a DT. With a couple extra picks getting that center might be an ok option.

kingnate85 said:

:roflmao: I remember that. It was the Jets Monday Night Game I think. It was hilarious.

There is no olineman worth taking at 2, so if we cant trade down talking about who we will take involves talking about QB, RB and WR. If we are trading down I think Barron becomes a possibility, but even then I think we'd take one of the RBs first if they are left. There isnt a big time stud olineman at the top of this draft, but we still have other holes to fill.

Also, remember, we had no Running game last year, and our philosiphy was run on first, run on second, and run in 3rd. Every 7th play, lets go play action and go long.

If we move down then Barron might be an option. However, I'd prefer a C like David Baas in the second with one of the two seconds that I can see us obtaining (TB and KC).

Houck will greatly improve our line. DMac is healthy, Carey will get on the field (he impressed in his very limited playing time, notably against the Pats - he's going to be good), Jeno needs to come good, Stockar will be a great help, Hadnot should continue to improve, McKinney is a good center - I think he just needs to be told that and get some confidence.

That said, I am opposed to using any further day one draft picks on Olineman because of Wanny.

Back
Top Bottom