Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight?

PhinDude88 said:
Hold up, it just now hit me. Why cant the Cheifs give us their 2nd rounder for Surtain since that have a 3rd rounder now?
I agree with you...but I doubt they will jump from a 4th to a 2nd...hopefully San Diego gets involved.

This worries me. I remember a time when we were discussing a possiblity of getting a 1st rounder for this PRO BOWL player. Now it's down to a 3rd rounder? Pathetic.

If KC is only offering a f--king 4TH, we should just tell them to go f--k a tree. That's laughable. Just tell moron Peterson we're no longer doing business with him.

He said the Chiefs offer was a 4th round pick. But the dolphins want a first day pick, a first, second or a third.

4th for Surtain is such BS. Chiefs can go screw themselves for that. I guess I just get mad about teams trying to low ball us. Not even lowball but give us something that is not even worthwhile.

Saban won't take a 4th. He's not that dumb.

Saban says that he wanted value in return when trading Surtain. So i bet you right now Saban is laughing so hard at the Cheifs he is in the floor crying.

K.C.'s 3rd is irrelevant...because its a comp pick

that can't be traded...but regardless...a third is not enough.

Not to be devils advocate but I said all along you wouldn't get a 2nd rounder for a player pushing 30, that expects a huge contract, w/suspect knees. Teams these days aren't so willing to give either their 1st or 2nd rounders draft picks.

How Vermeil was talking on NFL access last week, he'll probably take a chance on Law and not have to give up any picks (yea, I know he's injured) than have give a 2nd up for Surtain.

You guys are better off keeping him.

According to Scheffer the deal was a 4th. What I am also shocked about is that no one on the NFL network ever comments on how low of an offer that is. The seem to think Charles "no-play" Woodson is worth a 1st but they arent the least bit suprised at Surtain being worth a 4th.

PhinsPhan said:
He said the Chiefs offer was a 4th round pick. But the dolphins want a first day pick, a first, second or a third.

4th for Surtain is such BS. Chiefs can go screw themselves for that. I guess I just get mad about teams trying to low ball us. Not even lowball but give us something that is not even worthwhile.
I just watched it again..He said if the Chiefs will part with the 99th pick(3rd round comp pick)..the deal will go through...how can he say that???? :confused:

so-long-Ricky said:
Not to be devils advocate but I said all along you wouldn't get a 2nd rounder for a player pushing 30, that expects a huge contract, w/suspect knees. Teams these days aren't so willing to give either their 1st or 2nd rounders draft picks.

How Vermeil was talking on NFL access last week, he'll probably take a chance on Law and not have to give up any picks (yea, I know he's injured) than have give a 2nd up for Surtain.

If the best freakin' offer we can get for Surtain is a 4th, then we better damn well keep him.

To Hell with he Chiefs!

Man Saban just needs to send the Chiefs to hell! No way do I give up Surtain for
a 3rd rounder let alone a 4th rounder....and yes you can not trade comp picks....As far as I am concerned If I were Saban I think its time to try and
sit down with Pats agent and try to hammer out an extension that would be cap friendly and keep him! If I get a second rounder I make the deal anything less and I say no. Saban just play hardball !!!! Stick to your guns!!!:D

so-long-Ricky said:

So I guess by a player pushing 30 you meant a 28 year old - right? It's funny how age can be fast forwarded. Suspect Knees? That's funny for a guy who has missed how many games over his 7 year career with one injury. People make me laugh by picking on he value of other teams' players. Surtain is a pro bowl DB - arguably top 5 in the NFL. These guys in this category make 7+ mil/yr. And that's not worth a 2nd rd pick? Who are you going to draft that will make the pro bowl next season. You plug him in and you can pretty much take away the other team's #1 WR. I'm guessing if the Chiefs want ANY chance to compete within their division next year they will get Surtain. I will laugh at watching Moss play against them without a #1 DB. Saban should wait because either the Chiefs will pay the price or they will pay for it with their season.

What do you expect Vermeil to say - yep we want Surtain and only him - that's a real smart negotiating ploy.

Back
Top Bottom