Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight?

Think the Phins should restructure Surtain's deal into a long-term contract that has a lot of the bonus tied up in a roster bonus next year, and we can revisit the whole trade idea next off-season, while keeping him on the roster. This year we kind of got screwed in the fact that there were soooo many corners on the market.

Heck, Andre Dyson is STILL on the market and he says that money isn't even much of an issue for him.

As much as I hate saying this I think Surtain is a bit overrated. Seems like he got beat a bunch last season and im not quite sure how he made the pro bowl, even as an alternate. But he is still, if playing full tilt, a top tier CB. So, nothing less than a 2nd is acceptable, period. I think they-(the cheifs and other interested teams) are worried about the rumor that Surtain doesn't really take care of himself off season or in season and that he dogs it a bit. He also wants a huge contract. Personally, I think Madison is more of a shut down corner than Surtain, and I'd rather have him man up on the other teams best WR. But, Surtain is a playmaker and ends up being around the ball and making picks. Besides, the Cardinals got A 3rd rounder for Duane Starks- sure a late 3rd, but I mean starks!? I believe he's injury prone and not anywhere near the talent of a Surtain anymore. I don't think Saban settles for a 3rd let alone a 4th. Yeah, we need to unload some salary, but no way, not that low. That would be madness after seeing the starks for a 3rd. I would seirously start to question Saban if he moved pat for a 3rd or 4th.

Screw KC... They know the price, and have no leverge.

They're not goning to sign Ty Law because he won't be able to pass a physical for a few months (Rolle would have signed, but failed his physical). Let them squirm and come calling when they're serious.

Surtain is a star in the NFL. He negates the other teams #1 reciever and people come out to the ballpark to see him play. I'm tired of teams trying to steal the guy from us. We drafted him, groomed him and we need to sit him and his agent down and do a deal so that he can retire a Dolphin. I'd rather cut Timbo if push came to shove. I'd really miss #23 if he went to another team. LET'S KEEP SURTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hostile7 said:
Screw KC... They know the price, and have no leverge.

They're not goning to sign Ty Law because he won't be able to pass a physical for a few months (Rolle would have signed, but failed his physical). Let them squirm and come calling when they're serious.

If Surtain isn't signed bu next week. Law will be out of his walking boot & brought back to KC for a check on his progress

"Teams these days aren't so willing to give either their 1st or 2nd rounders draft picks."

Tell Philly we want ours back then........:lol:

PhinDude88 said:
I forgot about them doing that. I wonder if the dude meant a next year 3rd round pick :hmmm:

That would be a horrible trade. And dude, great picture of JT.

Phinsdude said:
That would be a horrible trade. And dude, great picture of JT.

Thanks dude, SkapePhin made it for me.

Sean LaChapelle said:
If Surtain isn't signed bu next week. Law will be out of his walking boot & brought back to KC for a check on his progress
I think we should trade surtain and sign law....if we had cap for that.

Sean LaChapelle said:

That doesn't mean he'll be able to pass his physical.

If the 4th rounder is all they want to part with, then I just tell KC to forget about it. I think Vermiel is trying to low ball Saban, but Saban won't bite the bait. I think by the end, Saban will get his 2nd rounder.

Nublar7 said:
If the 4th rounder is all they want to part with, then I just tell KC to forget about it. I think Vermiel is trying to low ball Saban, but Saban won't bite the bait. I think by the end, Saban will get his 2nd rounder.

Vermeil isn't trying to do anything. Carl and the FO are the ones negotiating. Carl knows that there is nobody else interested right now so he figures he can play the hardass and see if he can sweat out Saban.

If Saban doesn't crack by the draft CP will do something to get the trade done. Something like either a 2nd this year or a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. The talk in KC is that Vermeil is breathing down CP's neck to get a top flight CB before the draft. If CP feels like there isn't anyone else interested he won't feel a need to rush. He will play the role of tough SOB negotiator that he loves so much and wait until right before the draft to budge.

Sarcastro said:
Vermeil isn't trying to do anything. Carl and the FO are the ones negotiating. Carl knows that there is nobody else interested right now so he figures he can play the hardass and see if he can sweat out Saban.

If Saban doesn't crack by the draft CP will do something to get the trade done. Something like either a 2nd this year or a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. The talk in KC is that Vermeil is breathing down CP's neck to get a top flight CB before the draft. If CP feels like there isn't anyone else interested he won't feel a need to rush. He will play the role of tough SOB negotiator that he loves so much and wait until right before the draft to budge.
The longer Carl waits the less chance he has to upgrade that horrific secondary. Saban won't bend. He will keep Surtain before just handing him over to the Chiefs for an insulting 4th rounder.

Back
Top Bottom