Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight?

Nublar7 said:
The longer Carl waits the less chance he has to upgrade that horrific secondary. Saban won't bend. He will keep Surtain before just handing him over to the Chiefs for an insulting 4th rounder.

As a Chiefs fan I am familiar with Carl's negotiating tactics backfiring on him. If I was him I would have already offered a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. Carl has his ways and I don't think much is going to change that.

I'd be disappointed in Saban if he were to give up Surtain for such a low draft choice. If the Chiefs aren't willing to part with they're 2nd rder I would try to swap Larry Johnson for him in a worse case scenario. Although L.J. hasn't proven he can be as consistantly valuable as Surtain it would be better then a low 3rd or 4th rd pick IMO and atleast he's still working off a cap freindly rookie contract for another 3 or 4 years.

KC offered a 4th, but Saban refused that.

I know earlier Miami wanted KC's 2nd round pick, but the Chiefs did not want to trade it because they had no 3rd round pick. Maybe Schefter ment that now that they got a 3rd round pick has compensation, that they will be willing to trade the 2nd. (just a guess, but seems pretty logical IMO)

NYPhinFan said:
So I wasn't crazy that you CAN'T trade a comp pick right?

You can not trade comp picks.

Schefter should know this. Lots of media guys don't even know what restricted and unrestricted free agents are.

I saw Schefter make this mistake last night and cringed. Thought he was good before last night.

Phinsfan1980 said:
Wow NFL total access rarely screws up

Actually, their breakdown of the Fins offseason was a complete screw up. They listed us as needing a Tight End & Defensive Line to fill weaknesses. And this was after we signed Holliday & Carter. Until NFL Total Access gets some guys on there that actually know what the heck they are talking about, I am not going to pay them any attention.

PhinDude88 said:
Hold up, it just now hit me. Why cant the Cheifs give us their 2nd rounder for Surtain since that have a 3rd rounder now?

Because they are playing hard ball and are bluffing thinking we dont have any other interested buyers.Wanny would have jumped on the 4th round offered.

If its true that the Chargers are interested it will improve the situation.

If I were Saban I would keep the Surtain card until draft day where he can become part of a trade deal.

I'm glad you posted that I was thinking the same thing. Makes you lose faith in Adam s. reports doesn't it ?

KEEP SURTAIN -- enough of this crap already. You don't want to part with a #2? Fine -- we'll see how you do on D again this year, KC....

I saw that too. But I thought that he meant now that KC has a 3rd round comp pick, they might be more willing to trade their 2nd rounder.

They may not be able to to trade the pick, but Miami could tell KC who they want at that selection and they could in turn trade the person drafted for Surtain.

Sounds pretty stupid...I was just thinking about ways of getting around that. Not that Saban would do something this stupid...

pigskinguy said:
I saw that too. But I thought that he meant now that KC has a 3rd round comp pick, they might be more willing to trade their 2nd rounder.
He SPECIFICALLY mentiioned thr 99th pick(comp pick) is the one the Dolphins would want and KC would trade. :shakeno:

FireWrongstedt said:
If KC is only offering a f--king 4TH, we should just tell them to go f--k a tree. That's laughable. Just tell moron Peterson we're no longer doing business with him.

i agree man!!! if kc wants to keep losing games 38-35 then let them....i hope nick just doesn't give pat away for a damn 3rd rounder! we should hold him until draft day and then teams will come calling then!!! but kc must be out of their damn mind to think a top corner is only worth a 3rd or 4th rounder!! let them continue to give up 30 points a game!:fire: :fire: :fire:

Sean LaChapelle said:
If Surtain isn't signed bu next week. Law will be out of his walking boot & brought back to KC for a check on his progress

IMO, that would be KCs loss...Law will be 32 during the season next year, coming off of a major injury. Sure, he has been a top notch player, but he is definitely on the downside of his career, whereas PS is still at the top of his game and will be for probably 3 more years and not coming off any major injuries. But hey, if they want to allow Moss to get 4-5 TDs twice a year, why should we care...

I'd just as soon see PS stay here, but realize that Saban won't pay him the big bonus that he wants. We'll have to wait and see, I just don't see Saban giving him up unless we get some value for him. I could see the deal including a lower round this year and a day one pick next year...hang in there, we'll see something by or on draft day.

Back
Top Bottom