Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone watch NFL Total Access tonight?

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Someone help me out...I must be crazy...but the insider they use(Adam Schefter).said tonight about the negotiations between the Dolphins and Chiefs for Surtain hinged on if the Chiefs were willing to part with the 3rd round comp pick they just recieved. I could swear that you are not allowed to trade a comp pick...please tell me this guy just didn't go on national TV and make a huge mistake like that..Can anyone back me up about trading a comp pick?..Thanks.

NYPhinFan said:
Someone help me out...I must be crazy...but the insider they use(Adam Schefter).said tonight about the negotiations between the Dolphins and Chiefs for Surtain hinged on if the Chiefs were willing to part with the 3rd round comp pick they just recieved. I could swear that you are not allowed to trade a comp pick...please tell me this guy just didn't go on national TV and make a huge mistake like that..Can anyone back me up about trading a comp pick?..Thanks.

I would go with the "guy just went on national TV and made a huge mistake like that". Your not allowed to trade comp. picks.

Do they have another 3rd rounder this year?

finz99 said:
They traded it to Philly on a draft-day trade.

I forgot about them doing that. I wonder if the dude meant a next year 3rd round pick :hmmm:

No..he meant this year...said they were only willing to give a #4...now with a #3..the dolphins would want that to finalize the deal..Left me scratching my head :confused:

PhinDude88 said:
I forgot about them doing that. I wonder if the dude meant a next year 3rd round pick :hmmm:

Wouldn't they have to make it a 2nd round pick to equal a 3rd in this years draft?

JTaylor99 said:
Wouldn't they have to make it a 2nd round pick to equal a 3rd in this years draft?

If it will be a next year draft pick, then they better add a 2nd rounder.

HysterikiLL said:
a 3rd or a 4th? This is getting ridiculous
I think if we can't get a second rounder...we will just keep him...but alot of time between now and the draft...then decisions will be made.

there is no reason they can't give us a 2nd now.... they have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.... surtain is worth at least a 2nd.

the only other deal i would do would be a 3rd this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year (deferred payment)

So I wasn't crazy that you CAN'T trade a comp pick right?

I read that the Chargers are also interested in Surtain. If they trade Phillip Rivers for the no. 1 pick that will give them three first round picks to pay for plus the cap hit of Rivers leaving. I don't think they could afford all that this year so I think if we hold out longer we might be able to get a first round pick(no. 28) from them.

Hold up, it just now hit me. Why cant the Cheifs give us their 2nd rounder for Surtain since that have a 3rd rounder now?

Back
Top Bottom