Did ATL choose Vick over Mora? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did ATL choose Vick over Mora?

oteroed

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is Jim Mora really a good coach that just could not handle a stubborn, egotistical, uncoachable, ineffective quarterback in Michael Vick. I think the Falcons chose moneymaking #7 over the coach. I think we should give him another chance...plus he can work with our mobile-if he can return -QB, Daunte.

What do you think?
I don't want Carroll...at least I think there are better coaches out there.

i dont think it was vick over mora it was more that he had 2 bad seasons and arthur blank shelled out alot of money to get fa in there.... plus the comments on the station.... i blame it on greg knapp

Should this be in the "general nfl" forum?

read first! Why everytime I post a question or comment...some people want to respond by telling me where the question belongs...just answer, discuss.
What are you the message board police?

I don't think so. The owner leaked info to the press that the QB situation was in the hands of the new head coach. He wouldn't get involved either way.

I think Mora just screwed up with that radio interview. Vick may be a great athlete but I don't think he will ever lead a team far into the playoffs, and he will never be a real team leader. They need to find a way to move that franchise in another direction without turning off their fans....

What does this have to do with the Fins?

Anyways, yes, duh, Vick's $100 million dollar contract got Mora fired. You're locked in with Vick, no way around it, so you might as well find a HC that will do the job best around him. Coddle him, nurture him, etc. They need a RB coach to lead this team, because Vick will never be a traditional QB and they will never win with him having to play a traditional QB. Just let him run, and hand off the ball and watch them lose late every year and in the playoffs when even teams with bad defenses (Colts) can stop the run.

Wrong forum

but Atlanta already publicly stated they weren't 'married to Vick' during their HC search.

Mora HAD to go because of his 2 blunders this year .... you just can't make the mistakes and remain the head coach ... you make the organization look bad !!

As a coach I think he did a good job .... but the 'coach killer' and Washington snafu's cost him his job ... those remarks also create questions for any potential owner as well .....

If Mora hadn't put his foot in his mouth, he'd still be the coach there ...

Totally agree. Mora's my #1 choice. He knows how to succeed in the NFL. You take Vick out of the equation and Atlanta wins 10 more regular season games. That puts them in the playoffs this year. Every time I hear interviews with Mora i like him even more. He's a sharp coach and seems to be the opposite type as Saban. He's upfront with the press (maybe to a fault), he can motivate. He loves good defense and he's been successful as an NFL coach (has winning record). Vick really tested his mettle. He stuck with him because the franchise invested so much in him. Be honest though, you think Mora wouldn't have more games with Matt Schaub under center? I do.

They got rid of him because he was having fun on a radio station about another coaching job while our team was fighting for the playoffs...He was a decent coach at best but his clowns he brought with him as coordinators are by far the **** pile at the bottom of the league...Arthur is giving Petrino the choice between Vick and Schaub...Petrino says he will study both, find out their strengths and weaknesses and assess which will be the better balanced QB...Also Petrino is a classic drop back QB guy so I'm thinking Schaub may be staying in ATL after all....:D

They got rid of him because he was having fun on a radio station about another coaching job while our team was fighting for the playoffs...He was a decent coach at best but his clowns he brought with him as coordinators are by far the **** pile at the bottom of the league...Arthur is giving Petrino the choice between Vick and Schaub...Petrino says he will study both, find out their strengths and weaknesses and assess which will be the better balanced QB...Also Petrino is a classic drop back QB guy so I'm thinking Schaub may be staying in ATL after all....:D

I find it hard to believe Blank is going to keep his big nose out of the QB decision. As I recall, the only injured Falcon ever pushed around by Blank was his mancrush Vick! For Atlanta's sake, they better hope Schaub gets the nod.

I will like to see Mora here,but i got two coachs in front of him..1st Cowher witch is not going to happen. Then i like Mike Singletery. Then Mora

Is Jim Mora really a good coach that just could not handle a stubborn, egotistical, uncoachable, ineffective quarterback in Michael Vick. I think the Falcons chose moneymaking #7 over the coach. I think we should give him another chance...plus he can work with our mobile-if he can return -QB, Daunte.

What do you think?
I don't want Carroll...at least I think there are better coaches out there.

I personally like Mora. I think he had a winner in atlanta until the comments made by His father combined with his players that couldnt catch a dang ball.

Mora brought his team out of the dumps and he had one heck of a runnng game with Dunn and Co. Atlanta used Alex's gibbs famous cut blocking schemes.

I would have no problem going with Mora considering that the team is built to run more than it is to pass.

Back
Top Bottom