Did Charles Harris have a successful rookie season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Charles Harris have a successful rookie season?

Did Charles Harris have a successful rookie season?

• Total voters
he flashed, and showed potential. like you said he got close a lot, but in this game getting close isn't good enough. we will have to wait until next year and see if he develops

Look more closely, I believe he was third in the league at drawing offensive holding penalties. I’m sure someone can dig up the official league stats on this. He’ll be a player.

Meh. He made a few plays batting balls and had the 2 sacks. But then, without looking it up, my guess is Jared Odrick did just as well his “rookie” season. (I know he broke his leg in the first game - meaning first full season. High effort guy w little production. Hoping Harris is better than he was.

He is not dion jordan. That alone means there is hope.
Since you went there it’s kinda ironic and frankly disturbing that Dion Jordan also recorded 19 tackles and 2 sacks his rookie season.

And if I recall correctly he even had a couple of blocked punts.

Sad when you really think about it...

original

Heck no. Barely noticed the guy. But he's exactly what I expected he'd be, another guy that won't live up to his draft rating.

Do yourself a favor and look up miamis last 20 or so first round picks, you almost couldn't pick a more under whelming group of players if you tried. A blind squirrel woulda hit on more picks than this team.

Since you went there it’s kinda ironic and frankly disturbing that Dion Jordan also recorded 19 tackles and 2 sacks his rookie season.

original
And ran a blocked FG 58 yards to the lions 3 yard line setting up our only TD. Game we win if clay hangs on late in game.

original
Jordon was the 3rd overall pick and Harris was 22. Big difference. With that said I voted No. I don't think his season was a success but I did see enough to where I think he could be a good player

no. obviously that doesn't mean he can't develop into a good player...but the DE who performed pretty well for a rookie was Takk McKinley, the guy I wanted, unfortunately we passed on him.

Both Harris and especially Andre Branch project much better as OLB's in a base 3-4, and Wake can do his thing in either. Wake actually dropped into zone coverage quite a bit this last year and looked good from what I saw.

Draft Vita Vea and the Dolphins are on their way to a dominating defense.

He had a successful season in that he did not get suspended for PEds or stay injured. Looked like nothing special at all but I'm willing to chalk it up to being a rookie.
For where we took him I expect more in return so overall his rookie season was a D plus but he does have potential and may just take a little time to get going.

We drafted him for his pass rush and got 2 sacks as a rookie which did not even rank in the top 10 of rookies, I personally think he is more of a 3-4 linebacker type but not going to discount him after one year.
Did not like the pick would have rather had TJ watt or Baker

I voted “No” and based on most reports I recall out of camp that he was a really hard working, high character kid I would expect Charles to vote “No” as well.

Didn’t love the pick or the player at the time but he seemed to flash at times during the season so hopefully next year we can answer the same question differently.

If he did, it would have been easier to swallow cutting Wake. Now that's up in the air

The best rookie rotational or situational edge by the end of the season turned out to be tak McKinley.

Back
Top Bottom