Did Dave Wannstedt Sabotage the Dolphins 04 Season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Dave Wannstedt Sabotage the Dolphins 04 Season?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The question that is on my mind and many others is that did DW really wanted to win NFL games as the Dolphin Head coach? Or did he try to sabotage the franchise before he left? After reviewing some of these comments the offense were put in a position to fail deliberately! I'am I just speculating or is there something to this theory... You be the judge...

"Robert Konrad that the offensive team never even had one meeting together..."

"AJ Feeley couldn't call audibles after a play was called."

Vernon Carey: "I know why I didn't play and why I should have played. ... I think I should have played a little more," he said.

"It's just totally different techniques," Carey said. "Every offensive line coach has different techniques  some work and some don't."

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
The question that is on my mind and many others is that did DW really wanted to win NFL games as the Dolphin Head coach? Or did he try to sabotage the franchise before he left? After reviewing some of these comments the offense were put in a position to fail deliberately! I'am I just speculating or is there something to this theory... You be the judge...

Vernon Carey: "I know why I didn't play and why I should have played. ... I think I should have played a little more," he said.

"It's just totally different techniques," Carey said. "Every offensive line coach has different techniques  some work and some don't."

It's an interesting theroy, but has 1 MAJOR flaw. You are giving Wanny waaaaaaaay to much credit.
I just don't think Dave Wannstedt is smart enough for all that.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:

i'll bet on that!

Yeah I don't think he did it on purpose. I think he was set in his ways and when injuries, retirements, androtating OC's happened, he didn't know how to deal with it. I will say that I think he had it out for Feeley. He didn't trade for him and base don Feeley's performance under Wannstedt and then Bates, his comments towards Wannstedt and how much better everyone played after Dave quit, I think he purposely tried to screw Feeley.

I don't think Wanny deliberately lost games on purposely or deliberately SABATOGED the franchise for us if that's what you're implying. Don't give him that much credit, I don't think he's THAT bright.

He was a bad coach, made bad decision, and whenever he made a "BONEHEAD" move, I'm sure deep down inside he truly thought it was good and it would be best for the team. Wanny loved this team, you can't deny that, he loved to be a coach, he just tad bit underqualified for the job you can say. WANNY LOVED THIS TEAM and the players, but maybe he just loved Jay Fiedler a little more... :eek:

pigskinguy said:
It's an interesting theroy, but has 1 MAJOR flaw. You are giving Wanny waaaaaaaay to much credit.
I just don't think Dave Wannstedt is smart enough for all that.
:roflmao: :roflmao: Was in the middle of posting the same EXACT thing at the same EXACT time. :lol:

Would you guys stop with the conspiracy theories? He stunk, but he's gone, we have a new, good coach, and all you guys continue to talk about is Wanny and Fiedler. It gets old...

nobody in their right mind would sabotage a team. That is career suicide. He knew he wasnt going to be around, that is a given, but to ruin everything is just wrong. Everybody here can agree that Dave was a good guy just a bad coach. His pattern has followed him through his career. Look at the bears..Good record into a steady decline to the bears we know now.

Wanny had no imagination.He stuck to his ideas and was hesitant to make adjustmnts which is why he was usually bested after half time.

YES he purposefully sabotaged the team. He'd sit in his office...laughing maniacally while twirling his moustache...saying "From a sabotage standpoint, I'm crushing this team muah haa haa haaaaaa!!!" :shakeno:

Ignoring the huge number of injured players (17 on IR?), and RopeWeed, the departure of Norv Turner at the Senior Bowl left Wanny in an awful bind as to finding an OC. Compound this with his first selection, Joel Collier, resigning from the position around a month (?) after being promoted, the real threat of resignations after he chose Trestman as the successor, ..... Is it any surprise at all that the O was F'd when he had to go to, ultimately, the 4th choice, in house, to find an O coordinator?

No, I don't think he sabotaged the season when he was fighting for his job. As to not playing Carey, you know Dave and his "vets". Sort of like Shula and Olivadotti.

RWhitney014 said:
Would you guys stop with the conspiracy theories? He stunk, but he's gone, we have a new, good coach, and all you guys continue to talk about is Wanny and Fiedler. It gets old...

Your statements are correct... But does it not bother you at the least that the Dolphins were not prepared and/or made the neccessary preparation...Bottom line... The Dolphins were not prepared to win NFL games on Sundays.

I have to agree with the general consensus of this thread. Wanny was not trying to suck...he just excelled at it.

Wannass is a moron. No way he is that smart. The only the he did do was play power games with Speilman.

I do however question Wayne. DW should have been gone 2 years ago. During Wanny's tenure the fins consistently had gotten better and better in talent (not counting last year), however our record got worse and worse. Unacceptable.

Some blame must be put directly on him. If we had 2 more wins last year, DW still might be our coach b/c wayne may hav taken pity due to the whole Ricky leaving fiasco. Picture that nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom