Did Herbert's Senior Bowl MVP, Make MIA Getting Burrow More Likely? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Herbert's Senior Bowl MVP, Make MIA Getting Burrow More Likely?

We talkin the Bungels, Man. The Bungels, Man!!! In my Allen Iverson impersonation mode!!! Anything is possible my fellow Dolfans. Have faith in the Bungels screwin the pooch!!! :cheers:

We talkin the Bungels, Man. The Bungels, Man!!! In my Allen Iverson impersonation mode!!! Anything is possible my fellow Dolfans. Have faith in the Bungels screwin the pooch!!! :cheers:

If there is a person who can screw this up it is Mike Brown

Ok,

So Herbert did well yesterday in the Senior Bowl. He earned the MVP which is quite the accolade as the Senior Bowl is essentially a job interview for the NFL. The Bengals were coaching Herbert's South team as well.

With that said, do we think Bengals could now be considering Herbert? This would open them up to possibly trading back for us to be able to move up and get Burrow. Yes, I don't think the price is ever going to get lower than 2 its rounders this year and one next year but do we think Herbert's performance may have opened this up as an opportunity?
Oh goodness he didn’t face any live bullets - one on one pass rush? His greatest weakness is pressure! He was living it up for the entire week! Fools gold this guy wreaks of Thill and a QB who needs a lot of things to go right to be successful -

Herbert is a project who has time for that?

Oh goodness he didn’t face any live bullets - one on one pass rush? His greatest weakness is pressure! He was living it up for the entire week! Fools gold this guy wreaks of Thill and a QB who needs a lot of things to go right to be successful -

Herbert is a project who has time for that?

The strangest thing in that game was that pass rush from the Michigan DE who got to Herbert then just walked by him tapping him on his hip instead of sacking him. Which was the play he ran for like 30 yards, in a normal game thats him getting driven hard to the turf.

Ok,

So Herbert did well yesterday in the Senior Bowl. He earned the MVP which is quite the accolade as the Senior Bowl is essentially a job interview for the NFL. The Bengals were coaching Herbert's South team as well.

With that said, do we think Bengals could now be considering Herbert? This would open them up to possibly trading back for us to be able to move up and get Burrow. Yes, I don't think the price is ever going to get lower than 2 its rounders this year and one next year but do we think Herbert's performance may have opened this up as an opportunity?
do YOU think so?

WTF was that move by the DE from Michigan, totally beat the RT had a free shot at Herbert runs by him and taps his hip then Herbert runs for like 25 yards. In an NFL game he get buried. But somehow people say OMG look at that play he is so athletic. And his TD was a screen pass not some seed up the seem or some dime in the corner. He played well but he wasnt some epic shut down the presses game. He stays at QB3 and will be a top 10 picks, wonder how his combine and private workouts are going to go, dont really see him climbing to QB2 at this point.

I watched the highlights and the senior bowl, there was nothing spectacular Herbert did for him to over take Burrow in any way as the 1st overall QB selected in this draft. As a matter of fact i saw a few throws that were behind the receiver and throws being thrown into double coverage. Still probably the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft though.

Fair enough.

I'm pretty open, actually. I'm not on the Tua train, but if that's the pick, so be it.

I wouldn't hate it if we didn't select a QB with #5 at all.

I have no dog in the fight at this point in time. As the private workouts and combine get started, I will continue to form a opinion.

And I have watched enough of Oregon, to make the statement, I just do not see the love for the guy. I understand his measurables, but I also am not enamored with what I seen on Saturdays.

I have no dog in the fight at this point in time. As the private workouts and combine get started, I will continue to form a opinion.

And I have watched enough of Oregon, to make the statement, I just do not see the love for the guy. I understand his measurables, but I also am not enamored with what I seen on Saturdays.
Definately agree there is more to it than measureables.

You may have inadvertently hit on it with your first sentence. Does the guy have enough "dog" in him, to will a team to a win, when the going gets tough?

Definately agree there is more to it than measureables.

You may have inadvertently hit on it with your first sentence. Does the guy have enough "dog" in him, to will a team to a win, when the going gets tough?

Well I was making a point of not having a particular player I'm pounding the table on at this point. But yes, a criticism of his right now, is he just seems....pedestrian at times?

I beginning to think it is making Herbert more likely to be a dolphin or have someone jump over to get him....

Well I was making a point of not having a particular player I'm pounding the table on at this point. But yes, a criticism of his right now, is he just seems....pedestrian at times?

does anyone on this board think that after the season that Burrow had, that Herbert would be the top pick of the draft?
I honestly believe that Herbert, Tua, or Burrow could be the first selection of the draft. Alot can happen between today and draft day. Just ask Laremy Tunsil, Brady Quinn, etc

The great news in all this is if we want a QB, it looks like there might be 3 strong options for us at 5 overall.

What are the worst case scenarios?

1 Cin: Burrow
2 Was: trade to SD: Tua
3 Det: trade to Car: Herbert
4 NYG: ?
5 Mia: ?

2 Was: Young
3 Det: trade to SD: Herbert
4 NYG: trade to Car: Tua
5 Mia: ?

3 Det: trade to Mia: Tua
4 NYG:
5 Det:
6 LAC: Herbert

3 Det: trade to Mia: Herbert
4 NYG:
5 Det:
6 LAC: Tua

I see this as good news. There are 3 good QB options in the first 5 picks, Burrow almost guaranteed to be gone Tua a maybe, and with trades maybe even Herbert(SD?). Any way it goes down there will be top talent there for us at #5. Maybe we wait until later and get Love or Goff. We need infrastructure almost as much as we need a star QB.

Back
Top Bottom