Did Herbert's Senior Bowl MVP, Make MIA Getting Burrow More Likely? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Herbert's Senior Bowl MVP, Make MIA Getting Burrow More Likely?

While somewhat unlikely, it is not unusual for GMs to out think themselves or defy conventional wisdom to reach for a player they solely believe is better than all other assessments.

We have a LONG standing track record of such thinking in our past: Dion Jordan, Ted Ginn, Jr., etc.

Some GMs and Owners are so bent on proving the rest of the league wrong, they bank their team's future on ego. Ego that has no evidence of being right except their own hubris.

I think the "name" and merchandising revenue from drafting Burrow is too appealing for a small market team to mess this up.

This is one of those draft picks even the CFO could make.

The thing that scares me the most in this draft is after the Bengals draft Burrow, someone moving up to 2 to take Herbert. That turns my TV OFF. Probably for good.

If they move up to 2 to take the idol, I will be OVERJOYED though that we dodged a bullet and will have a chance to pick a talented, HEALTHY player who is not picked for non-football reasons.

I want Herbert and only Herbert. I want NO part of the cult idol in any way shape or form. I do not want that guy being ross's (and goodell's) golden boy and the face of the franchise.

Borrow better enjoy his super yr because if he go to Bengals.. he will have long career up thier in losing bracket

I would prefer they either trade up for Burrow.... or trade down for Love... but I think they will get Tua no matter what it cost!

Back
Top Bottom