Did It Ever Occur.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did It Ever Occur....

Coach

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to anyone to trade our #2 pick for next years 1st round pick. I mean think about it for a second, if Saban's going about this "for the long run" then that means he would be willing to wait one year to draft a GREAT player such as Leinart. What we can do is trade our current #2 for next years 1st rounder, a late 1st rounder this year and maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Like this we cand draft a good RB since there are so many to choose from this year, or we can draft D.J. or whatever it is you might want to draft.

Then in the 3rd/4th draft an O-Lineman or someone that will add more depth to our team.

And next year, trade down as far as possible to try to draft Matt Leinart and if we cant then we'll still have a 1st round pick and an infinite amount of options with what to do with that pick.

Now before everyone goes off on me saying why would we choose D.J. or why would we get a lineman so late in the draft let me say this, Im not saying to draft those exact people you can replace it with whichever person you feel would be best to draft.

Coach, to be honest i dont think any team would bite on that idea. I dont mind your idea because really i think there are many options that would be fine for this draft. Though i want to get better quick, i wouldn't mind. But once again i dont think a team would give up that much.

Coach said:
Did it ever occur to anyone to trade our #2 pick for next years 1st round pick. I mean think about it for a second, if Saban's going about this "for the long run" then that means he would be willing to wait one year to draft a GREAT player such as Leinart. What we can do is trade our current #2 for next years 1st rounder, a late 1st rounder this year and maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Like this we cand draft a good RB since there are so many to choose from this year, or we can draft D.J. or whatever it is you might want to draft.

Then in the 3rd/4th draft an O-Lineman or someone that will add more depth to our team.

And next year, trade down as far as possible to try to draft Matt Leinart and if we cant then we'll still have a 1st round pick and an infinite amount of options with what to do with that pick.

Now before everyone goes off on me saying why would we choose D.J. or why would we get a lineman so late in the draft let me say this, Im not saying to draft those exact people you can replace it with whichever person you feel would be best to draft.

I would love that trade. we could pick up a corner with the late pick or saftey pool. and pick up a RB in 2nd/3rd

how do we know who is gonna have next years #1 pick?

put it this way, San Francisco, Cleveland and The Titans probably wont be going 12-4 next year....Besides it doesn't have to be a #1

Ya, and I'll bet many people thought the Chargers would have the top pick this year.

PHIDolphins13 said:
put it this way, San Francisco, Cleveland and The Titans probably wont be going 12-4 next year....Besides it doesn't have to be a #1

I wouldn't say that so fast. Look at San Diego. Brees was considered a bust til last season.

Coach said:

We would be laughed at. Go from #2 to a late first(#20-#32) get a first next year( which is considered a second this year) and possibly a day two pick. Seems to me we get ripped of in this scenario.

havanahec said:
We would be laughed at. Go from #2 to a late first(#20-#32) get a first next year( which is considered a second this year) and possibly a day two pick. Seems to me we get ripped of in this scenario.

yes, I agree, and why is it that some people speak of waiting until next year and getting Lainhart like it is the easiest thing in the world to do? :confused: what a crap shoot that would be.

we shouldnt worry about next years draft, there willbe alot of great QB's with Leinhart, such as Drew Tate from Iowa, and Chris Leak from Floridia.

PeterJNO said:
how do we know who is gonna have next years #1 pick?

In madden, I always start out by trading for next year's Arizona pick. Works everytime... :D

Doktor Ivel said:
we shouldnt worry about next years draft, there willbe alot of great QB's with Leinhart, such as Drew Tate from Iowa, and Chris Leak from Floridia.
Not to mention that next years draft is going to be very good for francise LT's. As far as the original posters idea, that is way to low to move towards the end of the 1st. I think a possible trade scenario would be with Arizona for the 8th overall, their first next year and a 2nd and 5th this year. To anyone who thinks that is too much look at the past trades. The Giants gave up way more than that to move up 3 spots last year, heck the Browns gave up a second to move up one spot from eight to seven(if memory serves). This allows Arizona to get Alex Smith because I guarantee he wont be there at 8, I can almost guarentee he wont be there at four because Cleveland will be stupid to not take Smith if hes there. I can even see Cleveland giving up say a 2nd and a 5th to move up one spot to guarantee that they get Smith.

Now lets get a little crazy.......
Trade down with the Browns getting the 3rd overall, thier 2nd, and a 5th.
Then trade down with Arizona for the 8th overall, their 3rd and 5th this year and a 2nd and 5th next year.....
Then trade Surtain to the Chiefs for a 2nd

So we would have the 8th overall(better for us cap wise), two 2nd's, two 3rd's on day one.

(Yes I know that according to the pick value chart the Cards deal isnt great for us but we need picks and in this case that is a win/win deal)

Back
Top Bottom