Did Marino ever blow his achilles? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Marino ever blow his achilles?

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
Just curious...I just got back from the hospital, blew out my left (did the same to my right one 14 months ago) playing hoops. My dad said he thought Marino did and I couldn't remember...

I kinda remember that. Anyway, this sucks. I'm not looking forward to thi ssurgery.

Nighthawk said:
Yes, 1994 or 1995 in a game against Cleveland.

Dude, I was at that game. That field was horrible. I remember metcalf running around just ripping huge chunks out of it, throwing them into the air as he ran.

Then, Dan drops back, and goes down. It was ugly, you could actually see his leg bend back, as his heel hit no bottom. It was ugly.

Then, all those freak talking smack, "whos Mitchell", and it got worse as scott's first pass gets picked off and returned for a TD. Oh, it got real ugly. Loudmouth SOB's. But, then the miraculous comeback. All I did was taunt them back "THATS MITCHELL!" Im surpirsed I made it out of there alive. :roflmao: Cant remember the year, I think I was 21, so it would of been 93.

Sorry to hear it Losman :cry: well at least you will have more time to post ;)

zeke0123 said:
Sorry to hear it Losman :cry: well at least you will have more time to post ;)

Kinda. I get alot of posting done at work haha.

Hey, I'm just proud to share an injury with one of the greatest QB's ever.

Good lord, what am I saying...:D

Losman7 said:

lol, nice man.....:D

Losman7 said:

You do realize that we will never let you forget saying such a thing eh? :evil:

unifiedtheory said:
You do realize that we will never let you forget saying such a thing eh? :evil:

I've said it before, no worries.

Anyone who can't admit Marino was great just because of an intense rivalry isn't a real football fan.

I grew up with Kelly, Marino, etc.. that was the first football I watched, and it was great.

1993 is correct. I remmember that game like if it were yesterday. I was watching it from my dorm room; it was against cleveland in the old cleveland stadium. The field was in terrible conditions. We were inside our 15 yard line just about to score when Dan took the snap, planted his back foot, and when he went to deliver the ball the ground just slipped fron underneath him. POP!
I remmember him saying it felt like someone had shot him with shotgun. The sideline reporter covering the injury for NBC was no other than....Gulp!!! OJ Simpson. Then in came Scott Mitchell and the first pass he attempts is intercepted and returned for a touchdown. It was the worst day for me as a Dolphin fan. I will NEVER forget!

When I saw the title of the thread, I started to flame away with "WHAT KIND OF &*%^#*&! DOLPHIN FAN ARE YOU TO NOT KNOW THAT??"

Then I saw it was a Bills fan. :lol:

Yes, it was '93.
Dan returned in '94 and in the first game of the season, he lit up New England for 475yds and 5 TDs.

Good luck on the surgury, Im sure you'll be fine.

yep sharing an injury with a hall of famer- too bad that doesn't ease the pain.

Good luck on your surgery, I hope everything goes well.

side not e- are they replacing the achilles or re attaching? I actually make achilles tendon grafts

Back
Top Bottom