Did Miami Almost Trade For Philip Rivers?

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
From Len Pasqarelli. It essentially HAD to be us or Cleveland. By the tone of this it would seem it was done a while ago, rather than being under the Saban era. This comes during an article shredding any chance of Rivers to the 9ers:

"Want some truth in all of this? Here it is: Long before San Diego deposited the $6.6 million payment into Rivers' bank account, it could have traded him, since there were at least two suitors interested. In fact, San Diego could have dealt him to a team with a very high choice in the first round, and opted not to."

Joey 22

Second String
Reaction score
And what could we had offered at the time? 10 years worth of first rounders?

Wanny and Spiel where toooo desperate they could have traded for anything and anyone.

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
PHINSfan said:
Hi Simon!! If its true it probably was before Saban got here.
Hi mate, yeah the line about the cash into Rivers' account means if it was us, then it was Dave.

PHINSfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Joey 22 said:
And what could we had offered at the time? 10 years worth of first rounders?

Wanny and Spiel where toooo desperate they could have traded for anything and anyone.
Well if that was the case then apparently whatever they offerred wasnt enough.

PHINSfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Hey Simon, on a different subject, when is your mock draft comming out? I know you and the wife are busy with the lil one (I have 3 of my own) but your mock draft is desperately needed!!!

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
To a certain extend I think SD wish they had done it now..Now they have to eat some salary cap.

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Boomer said:
From Len Pasqarelli. It essentially HAD to be us or Cleveland. By the tone of this it would seem it was done a while ago, rather than being under the Saban era. This comes during an article shredding any chance of Rivers to the 9ers:

"Want some truth in all of this? Here it is: Long before San Diego deposited the $6.6 million payment into Rivers' bank account, it could have traded him, since there were at least two suitors interested. In fact, San Diego could have dealt him to a team with a very high choice in the first round, and opted not to."
No wonder the fins have been the laughing stock of the league. ( :cry: ). The handle we've had on our picks over the last few years has been looser than the private parts of a whore collecting pension in Nevada.

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
It would make no sense as we were just coming off of the whole Feeley ordeal. I don't know when Wanny and Co. would have done that...

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Guys this quote is about last year BEFORE Drew Brees blew up. So just cause they didn't trade him back then (they thought Brees sucked) doesn't have any bearing on trading him now.

One question I have is whether SD could agree to a deal in principle and have SF take a player for them at #1, then consumate the trade after June 1 so that the cap impact is spread over two years.

Mile High Fin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
LostInPatsLand said:
No wonder the fins have been the laughing stock of the league. ( :cry: ). The handle we've had on our picks over the last few years has been looser than the private parts of a whore collecting pension in Nevada.

:eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek:

:lol: :lol:

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
LostInPatsLand said:
I just love some of the analogy's you guys come up with!:roflmao:

Top Bottom