Did Miami Know of Ricky's Failed Test before the Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Miami Know of Ricky's Failed Test before the Draft?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I asked this question because if they did, do you think it would of been a chance that we worked out a deal with the Chargers to bring Michael Turner here to work with Ronnie Brown? I am not down on Booker, just wondering if this could of been a possibility.

I think they knew... what do you mean by Turner... gotta 'splain that one to me.
What I was thinking he worked with Cam, and he would be a nice compliment to Ronnie, a 1-2 punch. I was just thinking it would help our offense had they known Ricky failed another test again.:wink:

I think they knew... what do you mean by Turner... gotta 'splain that one to me.

I don't know if they knew or not.

You could cite their mistrust in Williams alone as their motivation for drafting Booker.

You could also cite the rumors that Mueller may have outright released him altogether regardless of whether he was clear or not because he simply wanted no part of Ricky even if it was just as a backup RB role.

They could very well have known as the report states the test was sometime in April so chances are that those results might have been known prior to the draft.

Personally I think it's both.
Mueller and Cam knew but it really didn't make a difference to them as he was really never in the mix to begin with. I believe their silence when asked on this matter and the past of Mueller and Williams paint a clear picture that Williams was not going to be counted on even if he was still clean.

Kudos to Mueller as he was originally dead on his assessment on Williams and was still dead on his refusal to rely on him again.

I admit I was becoming dissapointed in the reports that Mueller would'nt even keep him around as a 2nd stringer. I mean what do you have to lose right?
HAH! Mueller was right on the money!

I asked this question because if they did, do you think it would of been a chance that we worked out a deal with the Chargers to bring Michael Turner here to work with Ronnie Brown? I am not down on Booker, just wondering if this could of been a possibility.

FFiC, my assumption they DID know was the basis of this post in the VIP. :wink:

the reason why I don't think they did is, over the last couple of years information(Dolphins particularly) reguarding a persons testing seems to leak out before the NFL even says anything offically. For example. The Denver reporter who let out the last bit of info about Ricky. The Dolphins seem to be at the time working out a trade for him. Then BAM! I feel the team is the last one to find out for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom