Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

SCall13 said:
I wouldn't really go that far. Our defense did play well. But AJ made a DECENT pass. And of course Welker set us up big too. It was a combination of alot of things coming together for us in that game.

Decent pass? Is it really that hard for you to give AJ some credit. He put the ball exactly where it had to be and Thompson made a great play to come down with it

Den54 said:
Thats a crock and you know it. He made mistakes but he made the big plays when it mattered.
Plays? lol.........He tossed a few TD's to the other teams.Other then that nothin really sticks out besides the 1 pass in the pats game.

This is football, the ultimate team sport. Almost never is it the case that one player beats another team...However, the exception of that general rule can be the QB or a real hot RB, but in the case of Feeley, things just came together for us, in conjunction with the Pats making a few uncharacteristic mistakes near the end of the game.

fish fan 4 life said:
Plays? lol.........He tossed a few TD's to the other teams.Other then that nothin really sticks out besides the 1 pass in the pats game.

You just proved you slept through most of the game.

Cheapshotz said:
If Saban and Linehan see it then why are they shopping the #2 pick for a trade down.

You don't see it son!

Saban and Linehan probably think we can win with Feeley otherwise there would be no doubt in EVERYONES mind we would be picking Smith at #2.

OK, DAD, let's see. Because Saban doesn't truly feel that Alex Smith, or any other QB this year, is worth a #2 pick. The Alex Smith thing is just a way to get leverage for a trade for more picks.....SON!

MDFINFAN said:
What everyone forgets is that AJ could have throw that ball too high, too low, too far right or left...he should get credit for standing behind a lousy OL, staying until the end and making the perfect throw on 4th down, with all the pressure of a losing season and monday night football glaring down his behind. For that, I give AJ a lot of credit. The Pats have one of the best D's out there, and AJ found a way to win, usually it's the pats who find a way. That's what you can build a team around...Good job AJ. IF it was D. Marino, everyone on this board would have been on his jock strap for doing exactly what AJ did.

Thank you.
Nice post. :D

Alxphins said:
I was with you until your last sentence. That point is misguided. Of course if it was Dan Marino everyone would have been on his jock strap...BECAUSE OF HIS PROVEN TRACK RECORD AND HISTORY FOR BRINGING THE PHINS BACK TIME AND TIME AGAIN....What Feeley did was throw ONE very good pass in a pressure situation and I applaud him for that but the mention of Marino in the same analysis of Feeley simply makes no sense....

It's the content of which I was saying it, the throw, the throw and the circumstances around it. There's no way to compare AJ first games with a career of Marino..

DonShula84 said:
Decent pass? Is it really that hard for you to give AJ some credit. He put the ball exactly where it had to be and Thompson made a great play to come down with it

What was it about that pass that was GREAT OR FANTASTIC OR EXTRAORDINARY? Please people. It was decent pass and it was a team win. Do I have to hail him as my hero. There was nothing THAT spectacular about that pass. And you said it yourself..."Thompson made a great play to come down with it." Truth be told, it wasn't THAT stupendous of a catch either. It was a good play. Some of you guys make it sound like that play should have it's on shelf in the hall of fame. I see it for what it REALLY was. A decent pass that a QB is supposed to routinely throw, to a WR who was lined up in a mismatch where the WR made a catch a WR is supposed to be able to routinely make. It isn't nearly as complicated as you would like it to be. Maybe I'm not as easily as impressed as some others are.

Justasportsfan said:
I still have his eagles performance to compare w/ Brady's OL to safely say, Brady would've done a better job than Feely under the same circumstances. I don't think the fins would've made the playoffs but I can assume you'd be a better team based on that and based on the times AJ made stupid decisions even without pressure. That's all I'm saying. Does Brady make mistakes or has had bad games? Sure. But for the most part, if your secondary flinches, he'll burn you.He's PROVEN that time and again. Feely has yet to show that.

Team would have done better with an established offensive coordinator and a more competent head coach, regardless of the QB.

DonShula84 said:

He made a perfect throw twice in fact. On the prior play there was a non call on a flagrant pass interference.

SCall13 said:
What was it about that pass that was GREAT OR FANTASTIC OR EXTRAORDINARY? Please people. It was decent pass and it was a team win. Do I have to hail him as my hero. There was nothing THAT spectacular about that pass. And you said it yourself..."Thompson made a great play to come down with it." Truth be told, it wasn't THAT stupendous of a catch either. It was a good play. Some of you guys make it sound like that play should have it's on shelf in the hall of fame. I see it for what it REALLY was. A decent pass that a QB is supposed to routinely throw, to a WR who was lined up in a mismatch where the WR made a catch a WR is supposed to be able to routinely make. It isn't nearly as complicated as you would like it to be. Maybe I'm not as easily as impressed as some others are.

I've seen plenty of QB's overthrow, under throw, or just off the mark period on those throws. With the pressure of 4th down, against one of the best D's, on a monday night stage, with a bad OL who didn't protect, he stood in there and put it exactly where it needed to be. That's what's great about that throw PERIOD.

Agent51 said:
Actually, I believe Brady beat the Pats, with that morinic falling down throw for the INT, we were losing til that point.

all the pats had to do was hand the ball off to win that game. they beat themselves.

MDFINFAN said:
I've seen plenty of QB's overthrow, under throw, or just off the mark period on those throws. With the pressure of 4th down, against one of the best D's, on a monday night stage, with a bad OL who didn't protect, he stood in there and put it exactly where it needed to be. That's what's great about that throw PERIOD.

Yeah, and you're probably one of the ones who say our line was improving alot as the year went on. It was a DECENT pass on 4th down when we had NOTHING to lose, thrown to a mismatch, up for grabs to the taller man. Of course it could have been overthrown. IN FACT, it was thrown HIGH. That's why Thompson had to jump to get it. And that's why the much smaller man was helplesss to defend it. There was nothing spectacular about it. PERIOD.

All this is mute anyway. The argument was did AJ win that game? NO he didn't. The DOLPHINS won the game. Let's see how AJ does this coming season (if he starts) and we'll see who gets to eat crow. Get your silverware ready.

redhead said:
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:

Let's see...Fiedler beat the World Champions Patriots in 2001 and 2002. Should we have kept him? No. Feeley did make a good throw at the end of the 2004 Pats game, no doubt. But he is not a QB to build a franchise around, which is what we need. Unfortunately, the top two QBs in this year's draft aren't QBs to build a franchise around either. If we are lucky enough to be able to draft Drew Brees in the 3rd round, I believe he could be a very good starter for us in 2006 or 2007. Until then, I'm ok with Feeley/Frerotte at QB. Let's just be realistic about Feeley. He's a stopgap and a perennial backup.

Back
Top Bottom