Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

Surferosa said:
AJ made some big plays towards the end of the game. Dont take that away from him. But that doesnt mean that hes fit to lead the franchise for the next 5-10 years.
Most of us only want one more year to see if he can. Nobody is saying that last year is what we want from a QB for the next 5 years. If Feeley doesn't show absolute ability next season he shouldn't get another chance. THEN and only then would I consider QB to be a need.

It very well may be a need after this season, and if it is, I'm sure we'll have draft picks to use next year on a QB.

That's if we don't get a prospect in the second or third round this year.

Then the FAKE SPIKE was not Awe Inspiring

SCall13 said:
The only decent pass Feeley threw was the TD to Thompson. It wasn't that fantastic, mind boggling, awe inspiring throw. It was just thrown high to a mismatch. So what. That play is routine for average QBs. That single pass was blown out of proportion and suddenly AJ became a hero and the next great Dolphins QB. That pass proved nothing. It was a well designed play that was executed from the coaches and by the players. Noone can convince me that that play was that special - other than we beat the Pats.

I guess you would have stated the same analogy for the "FAKE SPIKE," against the Jets.

The Jets Defense took that play off, they were not ready to cover or rush the passer. Dan did not throw a great, mind boggling pass that was so awe inspiring. He just threw a pass that was caught by Ingram in the endzone. The backup QB (B. Kosar) drew that play up and it became LEGENDARY

I am not comparing anyone, just the anology. The same outome for both games netted the same results...

... A WIN when none was expected at the end of the game.

inFINSible said:
Most of us only want one more year to see if he can. Nobody is saying that last year is what we want from a QB for the next 5 years. If Feeley doesn't show absolute ability next season he shouldn't get another chance. THEN and only then would I consider QB to be a need.

It very well may be a need after this season, and if it is, I'm sure we'll have draft picks to use next year on a QB.

That's if we don't get a prospect in the second or third round this year.

I think we will find out in training camp. If it is true that he is a slow learner, I don't think Saban or Linehan give him the time a day!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I hear she always misses the goal ride right!!! :wink:
Not familiar with that sport you mentioned but she does play soccer. :mad:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I think we will find out in training camp. If it is true that he is a slow learner, I don't think Saban or Linehan give him the time a day!
Well, that's a little late for what we're talking about so, he'll still get the whole year to make his case.

BringBackShula said:
Waddu you mean I KNOW IT??! Don't tell me what I know! I know that we won that game and it had nothing to do with AJ FEELEY's Skill! If it wasn't Feeley and it was Fiedler in there, he would have played JUST as mediocre as AJ and probably the exact same chain of events would have occured. AJ's ability- was not the edge we had in that win. and if you believe it is..THAT"S A CROCK!:mad:

Maybe you have'nt heard but it is a team sport. For you to say Feeley played no part in that win over the Pat's is ludicris. The rest of your post is nonsense considering I did'nt imply such.

Oboy said:
Some people just have to hate a player. Yes he did not have a great year, but he made the big play in that one... Probably will always hate him no matter how good he does become.

Exactly. :)

Disnardo said:
I guess you would have stated the same analogy for the "FAKE SPIKE," against the Jets.

The Jets Defense took that play off, they were not ready to cover or rush the passer. Dan did not throw a great, mind boggling pass that was so awe inspiring. He just threw a pass that was caught by Ingram in the endzone. The backup QB (B. Kosar) drew that play up and it became LEGENDARY

I am not comparing anyone, just the anology. The same outome for both games netted the same results...

... A WIN when none was expected at the end of the game.

The pass itself that Marino threw was nothing special. It was the genius in which he had the Jets totally fooled. There is a BIG difference between the two plays. Marino just made the Jets look like a bunch of confused school yard kids. The pass was a typical Marino pass.
Feeley's pass was just a throw to a mismatch. There are no similarities in the analogy.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
You can say the same thing about Taylors sack and Bradys dumb throw. You can say the same thing about Thompson's catch! I can go on and on. It was a team win point blank!

I agree. Thats the thing some won't understand. Granted Feeley struggled throughout the game but in the end he played a major role in the victory.
Unless that td strike to Thompson did'nt mean squat.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
You can say the same thing about Taylors sack and Bradys dumb throw. You can say the same thing about Thompson's catch! I can go on and on. It was a team win point blank!

It WAS a team win.

Back
Top Bottom