Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did or did not Feeley beat the Pats?

redhead

REV KEV
Reaction score
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:

redhead said:
Say what you want about the guy..., he showed a more than a glimmer of composure on monday night football..., the team had come o so close for a couple of years..., running over and through the pats only to lose ther nerve in the dying minutes.

Feeley was a catalyst in seeing that likely chain of events break!

How many other qbs beat the pats in the last 3 years count 'em...:wink:

Actually, I believe Brady beat the Pats, with that morinic falling down throw for the INT, we were losing til that point.

Agent51 said:
Actually, I believe Brady beat the Pats, with that morinic falling down throw for the INT, we were losing til that point.
LOL, that is one way to look at it. BUT even after that AJ still did have to make the throws. AND he did.

Truthfully that game came down to one play, AJ threw the ball and prayed, if that ball wasn't caught nobody would be thinking anything about that game today.

I am not saying this as a knock against Feeley but he gets more credit for that game because they won then he would have if they lost.

AJ had a horrible game. Sorry, but it's the truth. I actually watch that game quite often and ever time I watch I have to pinch myself that we actually beat the World Champs.

Agent51, you are spot on. Tom Brady and the Pats beat themselves - and I love it!!! :D

Feeley didn't beat the Pats...The Dolphins collectively beat the Pats. There's alot of reasons why we beat them that night...And AJ Feeley is not one of those reason.s

Our defense and a few out of character, bone headed plays by the Pats (Brady specifically) won that game. The only decent pass Feeley threw was the TD to Thompson. It wasn't that fantastic, mind boggling, awe inspiring throw. It was just thrown high to a mismatch. So what. That play is routine for average QBs. That single pass was blown out of proportion and suddenly AJ became a hero and the next great Dolphins QB. That pass proved nothing. It was a well designed play that was executed from the coaches and by the players. Noone can convince me that that play was that special - other than we beat the Pats. But had it not been for THEIR mistakes, we would have lost the game. And if Feeley would have thrown that same pass and we still would have lost, hardly a word would be spoken about that TD. It is overblown. That's all there is to it. People who DESPERATELY want Feeley to succeed has turned it into a much bigger deal than it is. But when you put the circumstances and that play into serious perespective (if you have an open mind) you will see that there was nothing spectacular about that play. We had a lot of breaks that night. Hell, I'll take it. But it was not that big a deal.

Now I'll wait for the typical AJ defense team to stand up and say how pressure packed the situation was and how Feeley made a perfect throw against huge odds, etc, etc, etc. But the truth is, what did we have to lose? He just chunked it up to the taller guy.

He did Exactly what Fiedler did for 5 years...WHich is Not to personally take over the game and make us win it, But just hang in there and try not to make a mistake at the wrong time. Feeley better start taking over games and Leading us to victories cus NOBODY's gonna be satisfied with Fiedler-esk type play from the QB for 4 more years.

I think that Brady gave away the game to AJ, and AJ took that chance and make the best of it.

BringBackShula said:
Feeley didn't beat the Pats...The Dolphins collectively beat the Pats. There's alot of reasons why we beat them that night...And AJ Feeley is not one of those reason.s

Thats a crock and you know it. He made mistakes but he made the big plays when it mattered.

Don't forget all those last minute INT's returned for TDs in every other game

The biggest and best play made in the Patriots game was Thompson's catch on 4th down. That was the play!

Den54 said:
Thats a crock and you know it. He made mistakes but he made the big plays when it mattered.
Some people just have to hate a player. Yes he did not have a great year, but he made the big play in that one... Probably will always hate him no matter how good he does become.

Back
Top Bottom