did players quit on wanny? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

did players quit on wanny?

RANDYNRONNY

Practice Squad
Reaction score
well we all can figure out by now that ricky was not in love with wanny but how many other players disliked him and do you think that the players quit on wanny to hope to get him fired?

I think one of the few positives last season was the guys still turned up to play every week, admittedly Bates seemed to get more out of the players but i don't think they quit on Wanny

No. They played hard. Everyone, including Saban, complimented them on their competitiveness in face of a losing cause. I never saw them quit.

The players didn't quit on him. IF anything the opposite occurred where they circled the wagons and protected his decisions no matter how flawed they were.

The problem with Dave is that he isn't that bright a coach or leader and loyal to a fault to his favorite players.

Agua said:
No. They played hard. Everyone, including Saban, complimented them on their competitiveness in face of a losing cause. I never saw them quit.
:yeahthat:

RANDYNRONNY said:
well we all can figure out by now that ricky was not in love with wanny but how many other players disliked him and do you think that the players quit on wanny to hope to get him fired?

Generally speaking, I'd say yes.

But, as with any situation, I'm sure there were players who supported him until the end. During his years as GM, he made sure certain players always got paid well. His loyalty to them was probably repaid.

However, I really don't sense any of the current team to have ill feelings towards Saban. I believe the transition period with Bates as coach gave the team some closure to the Wanny era.

One thing's for sure, we call all thank Ricky for being one of the larger dominoes in Wanny's demise.

well 62-7 in jaxonsville proved to me that johnson was being quit on i know i know no team quits in the playoffs including marino but when the game was out of reach the boys did laydown.maybe it was to get jimmy fired or have him rethink his retiremant ideas over but i would have to belive that the jags were not that much better than us.****z feidler came in and threw a thouchdown pass on us in that game.

The only game I think they quit on was the monday nighter against the jets. I think they played hard in every other game, there just weren't any breaks going their way.

RANDYNRONNY said:
well 62-7 in jaxonsville proved to me that johnson was being quit on i know i know no team quits in the playoffs including marino but when the game was out of reach the boys did laydown.maybe it was to get jimmy fired or have him rethink his retiremant ideas over but i would have to belive that the jags were not that much better than us.****z feidler came in and threw a thouchdown pass on us in that game.

62-7 was Jimmy quitting, not the team. There were several games during Jimmy's last two years where he didn't have the team ready to play.

Wanny quit on the team when he decided that running a dive regardless of score, time of game, yds needed, 1st and 15 or 4th and 15. That let the team know this guy was unsure of himself. The offense was openly disguted w/ the scheme and the D liked him personally. So you can derive what you want from that logic.

Wanny not only quit, he did something worse than Ricky. He turned his back and walked away in the middle of the battle. The players that lobbied for his return did not ask for 8 or 10 or 12 games they asked for 1 more year. I my self was elated he walked away. As a coach that is! I am sure he is a nice guy, but a football team does not need a nice guy. They need a great coach!

i quit watching the fins on tv and i pay directv to see every game $199.00 a year because i live in NY.i would record the game and watch it after i saw the score it was way to painfull to see that live.plus i was getting yelled at by my wife for throwing stuff at the tv

RANDYNRONNY said:
players dont quit on coaches. they quit on themselves.

RANDYNRONNY said:
plus i was getting yelled at by my wife for throwing stuff at the tv

LOLOLOL. I used to do that. Threw a huge plastic glass of bloody mary at the TV one Monday night back in 94. I've mellowed out considerably since then.

Back
Top Bottom