Did Ricky Williams just publicly confirm that he plans on playing in 2011 and beyond? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Ricky Williams just publicly confirm that he plans on playing in 2011 and beyond?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just way behind on the times. I've been busy with several things, I can't cast my nets wide enough to be assured that I've heard EVERYTHING out there.

I know Ricky Williams had been sort of hinting at this for quite some time but this is almost a flat out public confirmation. He plans on playing football beyond the end of his 2010 contract.

@dolphinsrb34: For the record, IF a travel show comes to fruition 4 me, I would film it during our personal time in the off season not interfere w/workouts

@ckparrot: Forgive me if i'm wrong @dolphinsrb34 but ya sound like youre pretty set on playing beyond 2010, explaining that travel show won't interfere

@dolphinsrb34: @ckparrot :-) Perceptive. I look forward to playing as long as I can be productive and help my team. Simply put.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. My apologies if it's something that he's already confirmed publicly at some point.

I figured he would be, once he hired Rosenhaus as his agent. This is the most blatant statement he's made publicly to say that he will most probably play beyond this year if given the chance. I'm just hoping that we keep extending his contract. Thank You CK for asking him that in his blog, really good news!

Yeah I guess the Drew Rosenhaus hiring was sort of a hammer on the forehead sign, but this is pretty much a public confirmation so that's cool.

I really hope we can keep Ricky as long as he's willing to play. He's a great asset in the community and just an overall likable guy. He and Ronnie can prolong each others careers by continuing to spilt carries. If they can keep sharing the rock and keep injuries to a minimum I don't see how he can't play for a couple more seasons.

And if he has a productive season I see no reason not to re-sign him next year, he's done a good job washing out some of that bitter taste he left in our mouths back when he pulled his shenanigans, hope he stays injury free this year.

was that on twitter?

Not saying its false or not, but I dont buy into one thing that comes from twitter

Ricky is still in great shape and he's always been on a health kick. He likes to work out and practice hard. He's a wily productive veteran and knows what it takes to get through a long season. And I think he's good for couple more seasons and I hope that he does play .

clear.gif

I saw that earlier today in the morning and thought the same thing, you just cracked a huge piece of SoFla news CK. Thanks for posting.

If he wants to keep playing the Dolphins need to do everything possible to keep him. Would hate to see him finish his career in another city.

We all know whatever will happen to Ronnie after this season, so considering the outcome, Ricky will be here to teach someone else!!

Ricky has said before that he's continue to play as long as Ronnie was around, so I could see both of them in our backfield for a few years more.

Back
Top Bottom