Did Steroids end the Dolphin dynasty? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Steroids end the Dolphin dynasty?

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Its a well known fact the Steelers great center Mike Webster died from Steroid abuse, In light of Jim Hasletts comments about the 70's Steelers being a Steroid team, it made me wonder. I'm old enough to remember the era, and I fully realize the effect of losing Csonka and Warfield and Kiick to the WFL, But I really wonder if the Steelers didn't get in early on the Steroid craze?

It always seemed like from about 1975 on that other teams were more physical than we were, I throw that out there for discussion.

Actually Mandich was talking about it in his show and he confirmed that the Steelers were doing Roids bigtime.Also said he didnt know of any Dolphins that were doing it from the glory days.

Come on Blue....Steroids didn't beat the Dolphins....the Raiders did with a freak lucky play...and after that the team broke up with some leaving for the football league. Steroids didn't make Bradshaw throw the football...or Swann catch it. The Dolphins had a great 4 year run...which is about normal...if you look at history.

fishypete said:
Come on Blue....Steroids didn't beat the Dolphins....the Raiders did with a freak lucky play...and after that the team broke up with some leaving for the football league. Steroids didn't make Bradshaw throw the football...or Swann catch it. The Dolphins had a great 4 year run...which is about normal...if you look at history.

Seems a bit naive on your part Pete to not recognize Webster and other Steelers who went on to have physical problems at a relatively young age connected to steroid use. Steve Courson I think was another one.

Clearly they can make a huge difference as performance enhancers and considering some of the physiques on some of the Steeler lineman in particular at a time when most lineman were overweight, its a legitmate question.

Back
Top Bottom