Did the defense actually play OK ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the defense actually play OK ?

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be funny, just had to work all day today and haven't seen a single play yet. To anyone who watched the entire game, or better yet was there in person, was there tangible improvement from last week?

The offense apparently had two pick-sixes and a shockingly low number of total yards, "surpassed" only by an abysmal ToP. This is the only reason I'm asking after a 43-0 loss.. looks like it was at least somewhat of a "game" through the first few quarters and we collapsed completely in the 4'th

Defense was fine. The time of possession was heavily in the patriots favor. We had four turnovers, and the offense gave the pats 14 free points. There was solid pass rush and there weren’t as many backbreaking plays like we had vs the Ravens last week. It was all on the offense today. Not saying the D was good, but they had no shot. Can’t be on the field that long and have a -3 turnover differential and beat the pats.

They struggled again.Not as bad as last week but not good.
Rowe flagged to many times and plays soft.We struggled no matter if it was a run or a pass play.I think Flores knowing what he does about the Patriots actually kept it closer than what it should have been.
They played better than last week but still not good enough.

They did until the middle of the 3rd qtr. but I blame the offense for that. They were kept on the field a long time today with all the constant 3 and outs.

They had to be worn down at that point if the offense was that bad, especially with the weather..... I'm guessing whatever morale they entered the game with was all but gone.

If they came out and played OK vs an incredibly high powered offense (That just demolished Pitt last week without AB) for the majority of the game I think you have to at least call that a good sign?

They had to be worn down at that point if the offense was that bad, especially with the weather..... I'm guessing whatever morale they entered the game with was all but gone.

If they came out and played OK vs an incredibly high powered offense (That just demolished Pitt last week without AB) for the majority of the game I think you have to at least call that a good sign?
I will say they definately need another CB opposite X, because Rowe got picked on all game.

They were much better than last week and even got Brady into a minor funk at one point where after starting like 10-10 they were getting to him and getting to 4 th down. The offense went 3-0 on just about every possession until they decided it was easier to hand NE pick sixes.

Also, X absolutely ghosted Josh Gordon. He could not get open.

They struggled again.Not as bad as last week but not good.
Rowe flagged to many times and plays soft.We struggled no matter if it was a run or a pass play.I think Flores knowing what he does about the Patriots actually kept it closer than what it should have been.
They played better than last week but still not good enough.

Perhaps Flores hasn't completely lost the locker room as seemed possible with all the reports and the Minkah situation?

I know we're kinda grasping at straws here. If they did look better vs an offense that could turn out to be much much better than the Ravens perhaps we could see further improvement.

Good point about Flores I hope that doesn't prove to be true against another elite team next week and we lose even worse or something....

We absolutely sucked all game. Our run defense is horrendous. They ran everywhere and anywhere any time they wanted.

We have no trenches on offense or defense.

Jerome Baker is an average linebacker at best.

Our GM sucks as evidenced by Chase Winovich balling on us while Michael Deiter struggled most of the game.

They were much better than last week and even got Brady into a minor funk at one point where after starting like 10-10 they were getting to him and getting to 4 th down. The offense went 3-0 on just about every possession until they decided it was easier to hand NE pick sixes.

Glad to see comments like this from veteran forum members.

In a way I do wish I could have seen our defense play today even losing 43-0....

I know that sounds crazy and I'm starting to think the battered house wife reference to Dolphins fans that I saw on here the other day was all too true...

People get obsessed with stats and numbers that mean nothing. The Pats scored 20 points in garbage time. 2 of the TDs were pick-6s, so that had literally nothing to do with the defense. If Brown doesn’t get away with an OPI on his TD grab in the 2nd we would have gone into the half 7-0 or 10-0 with our offense playing horrendous. At some point the defense just got worn down because the offense could do literally nothing to sustain a drive and move the ball. So to answer the question OP, the defense played exponentially better than they did last week.

Back
Top Bottom