Did the defense actually play OK ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the defense actually play OK ?

With Tunsil and Stills both on the team, does anyone think this game ends closer to something like 24-14?

I think that's possible from what I've read so far and if so that gives me some hope.

We had to make that deal with Houston offering draft capital bordering on franchise QB type compensation.... for a very good left tackle and an OK receiver?

Yes it may have made a portion of the locker room "revolt" and yes it may mean we continue to get embarrassed this year... I understand all that and can see why those facts alone are enough to have some people extremely upset...

huge improvement on defense, lammons, wilks, baker and jenkins played very solid football.

offense is still terrible, because of them its the score it is.

With Tunsil and Stills both on the team, does anyone think this game ends closer to something like 24-14?

I think that's possible from what I've read so far and if so that gives me some hope.

We had to make that deal with Houston offering draft capital bordering on franchise QB type compensation.... for a very good left tackle and an OK receiver?

Yes it may have made a portion of the locker room "revolt" and yes it may mean we continue to get embarrassed this year... I understand all that and can see why those facts alone are enough to have some people extremely upset...

There’s no way Tunsil and Stills make a difference this season. Anyone would be out of their minds thinking so

There’s no way Tunsil and Stills make a difference this season. Anyone would be out of their minds thinking so

I agree and think this is why Grier had to make that move. I just hope they hit on a good percentage of our upcoming high picks obviously lol.. Grier seems to have had 1 very good draft, 1 well below average draft and 2 undecided drafts so far in my view.

Last edited:

With Sheitzmagic back there it wouldn’t matter if those guys were still here. The o-line was actually decent in pass pro while it was still a game.

Hell no! The defense did NOT play OK!

They didn't allow 43 points, because 14 of that was directly attributable to two INT's that the defense ran in for TD's. Sure, defenses have to hold the line when the offense turns the ball over, and offenses are going to turn the ball over, but nobody is blaming the defense for the pick-sixes … or pick-twelve if you prefer.

That means the defense allowed 29 points … and the Patriots had a commanding lead the entire game and were not in any hurry to score more. Rather, they worked the clock … yet the team still scored a forty-burger.

I'll definitely say the 29 points the defense allowed is an improvement over the 59 points they allowed in the opener … but, not, it wasn't OK. The Patriots offense coasted through this game.

Defense was solid after that week 1 meltdown.

LBers played better in the run game. But CB#2 is a massive hole that needs to be addressed as quick as qb does.

The defense has a couple of pieces. It's not light years away from being at least solid. It needs more talent, but the offense is more of a train wreck. More than anything, they need to get legit safeties when we cut Jones next year. McCain at FS is a disaster. And get anybody but Rowe at the #2 CB spot. And get better DEs.

Its hard to tell, the Pats knew that we were never going to threaten them offensively, so they didn’t need to take any chances on O- they were content with keeping the chains and the clock moving. The D was much better than they were vs the Ravens, but that’s not a high bar to clear.

Was at the game. Gotta say. Flo had guys in position all game. They took themselves out of position. These guys are young and inexperienced. It was a rough game but I can see what the coaches are going for. It's not as bad as the score results.

all I want to see is improvement all year, todays game was a lot better then balt. game, hope they show more improvement next week as well

The defense didn’t give up two of those touchdowns... and got no help from the offense as far as getting a rest...I thought they improved dramatically from week 1.
I know,I agree with what your saying . Just hate to lose

They played much better today than against the Ravens not letting receivers get behind the defense.

Offense was horrendous with 3 and outs and turnovers putting defense on the field without much rest between possessions.

It didn't seem the Patriots were trying to run up the score and Brady is not as sharp as his usual self in the heat.

Could have been a whole lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom