Did the defense actually play OK ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the defense actually play OK ?

The defense was fine. New England got their typical calls from the refs. I do think that Belichick game plan was pretty low risk as they knew turnovers were the only way they could lose so it wasn’t like they were trying to score a lot.

Defense played much better than last week and had a solid bounce back game. Take away the 2 “pick 6s” and it’s 29-0, sprinkle in the fact the defense was absolutely GASED. They were on the field the whole game due to the fact the Dolphins offense only has 2 FIRST DOWNS going into the fourth quarter and 30 total yards - yikes.

They struggled again.Not as bad as last week but not good.
Rowe flagged to many times and plays soft.We struggled no matter if it was a run or a pass play.I think Flores knowing what he does about the Patriots actually kept it closer than what it should have been.
They played better than last week but still not good enough.
I'm ready for Lammons to take over for him.

The defense played poorly, but "acceptable during a tank season" poorly. The offense is still an historically bad abomination that will take 3-4 years of drafting and free agency to recover from.

The D was much better. However, still a hole at CB2 and there's no natural pass rush. I don't expect that to change much if at all this season. If anything, it's going to get worse because injuries will start to pile up if the D is forced to be on the field for 2/3's of the game.

The D was much better. However, still a hole at CB2 and there's no natural pass rush. I don't expect that to change much if at all this season. If anything, it's going to get worse because injuries will start to pile up if the D is forced to be on the field for 2/3's of the game.

You've touched on a concern of mine. I was HOPING Flo was hiding some blitz schemes against BAL to use against NE. Apparently not. Scheme should help when there is no quality pass rusher. I saw no real attempt.

John Jenkins was the bright spot for me, The guy looks like a player you want to keep he is a big strong Hoss.. I always hate that we signed finesse DT's like undersized godchaux when really you need a Hoss in the middle of the line.. (Bowens,Gardener,Hand, Solai) I really think the key to our heyday defense in the late 90's early 2000's our DT was the key to that defense being so successful.

Dominant DT's open the lanes for linebackers sucks doubles from guards which leads our DE's in one on one situations.. Jenkins and Wilkins I like that combo for the right there.

NE 1st half drives...

10 plays 5:52 57 yards TD
5 plays 3:11 23 yards punt
8 plays 4:16 41 yards missed FG
11 plays 6:11 65 yards TD

This is only first half, those drives account for around 20 minutes out of a possible 30 and allow for 17 points. The missed field goal is special teams, not defense. The defense played bad just as the rest of the team. There's no sugar coating it...

NE 1st half drives...

10 plays 5:52 57 yards TD
5 plays 3:11 23 yards punt
8 plays 4:16 41 yards missed FG
11 plays 6:11 65 yards TD

This is only first half, those drives account for around 20 minutes out of a possible 30 and allow for 17 points. The missed field goal is special teams, not defense. The defense played bad just as the rest of the team. There's no sugar coating it...

Holding NE to 14 pts is a bad D?

Back
Top Bottom