Did the Fins outsmart themselves with draft trades? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Fins outsmart themselves with draft trades?

We will probably never know the truth, but did we get to smart for our own good by trading down. I initially was a big proponent of the two trades we made to get to number 6. If the Dolphins front office was thinking of drafting Pitts or Chase, we could be out of luck (just like we were out of the Luck race by a win!). I guess a lot will depend upon what the Atlanta Falcons do with that #4 Pick. Do they take a QB, trade down for a team thirsting for a QB, or do they take Pitts or Chase. That then leaves us with the Bengals at #5. Are they going O Line or do they take the best weapon on the board Chase/Pitts.

I am crossing my fingers that we pick up Pitts because his skill set is rare. We can debate between Pitts and Chase but I think with the addition of Will Fuller, Smith and Hurns returning plus the rest of the crew, we are stocked at WR for now. If you go Best Player on the Board, I think Pitts is in the lead there. That being said, we might be tossing a coin between Waddle and Smith which I like Waddle better.

We will probably never know the truth, but did we get to smart for our own good by trading down. I initially was a big proponent of the two trades we made to get to number 6. If the Dolphins front office was thinking of drafting Pitts or Chase, we could be out of luck (just like we were out of the Luck race by a win!). I guess a lot will depend upon what the Atlanta Falcons do with that #4 Pick. Do they take a QB, trade down for a team thirsting for a QB, or do they take Pitts or Chase. That then leaves us with the Bengals at #5. Are they going O Line or do they take the best weapon on the board Chase/Pitts.

I am crossing my fingers that we pick up Pitts because his skill set is rare. We can debate between Pitts and Chase but I think with the addition of Will Fuller, Smith and Hurns returning plus the rest of the crew, we are stocked at WR for now. If you go Best Player on the Board, I think Pitts is in the lead there. That being said, we might be tossing a coin between Waddle and Smith which I like Waddle better.
I suspect they maybe targeting someone you are not expecting.

The Patriots do NOT target WR with high picks....Flores learned from where?

I'm probably in the minority but Pitts does not get me as excited as it does other posters. I'd rather see us land either Chase or Sewell at #6. Did we get too cute? probably with the second trade, yes but who is gonna be mad about netting a first rounder for our troubles? Not me.

Posters need to look through the forum before starting new threads. It's getting redundant now.

Look at Pitts’s record. He may be unique in many ways. But, he does not have the track record of blowing games wide open like Smith does. For all the talk of Pitts and his size, he gets injured quite often.

Gimme Smith and the points and the durability. Any day, twice on Sunday

Look at Pitts’s record. He may be unique in many ways. But, he does not have the track record of blowing games wide open like Smith does. For all the talk of Pitts and his size, he gets injured quite often.

I think that's who Flores will push for even if Pitts is at 6.

If they wanted Pitts they would have stayed at 3.

They targeted 3 or 4.

The Dolphins were (are) picking at 18. That's the order based on our record. Right in there with our equals- the Raiders and Washington. That pick from Houston we are debating is a real luxury and do you think the Redskins or Raiders wouldn't love a top six pick in this draft? We should leap frog the teams near the bottom of the round with an almost sure starting playmaker bonus in this draft. They are looking at Caleb Farley and Jackson Carmen and we are boo hoo'ing we might miss or have to "settle" on a Chase or Pitts. There will be plenty of topics after this draft too, but we can hardly go wrong with this one. Teams would love to have our quandary at the top of the draft this year.

I’m not down on Kyle Pitts at all, but what you say above are exactly the points I keep trying to get through to the hypocrites that continue to sell ”concerns” over Smith’s slim physique while lauding Pitts and Chase’s physical gifts.

Facts are facts. Devonta Smith was extremely durable through out his 4 years at Bama. Pitts missed more time in 2020 than Smith did in 3 seasons.

So the “concerns” are a completely joke. Made up nonsense.

Meanwhile none of the Pitts homers are questioning his durability.
None of Chase homers are concerned over the fact that he only had 1 real season to evaluate.

However Smith pretty much missed little to no time and has 3 real seasons to evaluate. But somehow he’s the one with the biggest concerns?

These people lack credibility.

For the record, I like all three players. Anybody can nitpick and find something to be “concerned“ about. But on the whole I don’t see the need to downgrade the players I prefer the least so that I can inflate the one I prefer most.

I think all three are going to be very, very good. Maybe special. And I’ll be thrilled if MIA lands any of them.

Back
Top Bottom