Did the light go on for Harris last night? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the light go on for Harris last night?

No the light did not come on. Hopefully year two he will step.

As it has been said multiple times on hear....Vic Beasley did squat his first year with the Falcons. Last year, he was a beast.

Look at our own Cam Wake's career...bumped around for years THEN he became a beast.

Let's give this kid some time.

You can't just look at a stat line and say a player is doing well, gotta see the game. We don't know how many of those 4 sacks were due to the players beating their man and getting the sack or how many were just the sack being the product of someone else's work. A DE can get stonewalled, but get a sack because the QB was flushed out right to him. Not saying that's the case here but I don't know

Yeah, I know all that. I also watched the kid the whole time he was at UM. He had very good physical tools, and a solid work ethic. He did get in some trouble but I also don't think he's a bad egg. I'm not surprised he's having a fair measure of success. No, I haven't seen the games. But Saint fans and his coaches seem to like him. He's exactly the type of player we need to be bringing in as an UDFA.

No the light did not come on. Hopefully year two he will step.

....Vic Beasley did squat his first year with the Falcons. Last year, he was a beast.

For a LB, Dan Quinn runs a versatile and complex defense with mutiple gap exchanges in the run game and blitz concepts.

Harris' job kicked out wide and to rush the passer couldn't be simpler - get to the QB.

And he hasn't done that yet.

Didn't care for the pick then, don't care for it now, but as I said, I hope he does well..

Obviously it looks better to have 4 sacks than to be non existent lol but it's only preseason and that goes for Harris and Willis. I didn't want a DE at all so I was all for hoping we went another direction. I won't be slow to admit I was wrong about Willis. If Willis is that good, why the hell did he go into the 3rd? We're pretty stupid if Willis turns out to be better as is 31 other teams. Willis does look more NFL ready especially body wise. Is Willis their starter now? Can he stop the run? My hope is Harris was drafted for the potential greatness with Branch, Wake, and Hayes in mind ahead of him. (Besides speed, haven't seen anything) A first round pick should be starting at the very least. The Mcmillan injury is making the Foster choice worth the issues.

Obviously it looks better to have 4 sacks than to be non existent lol but it's only preseason and that goes for Harris and Willis. I didn't want a DE at all so I was all for hoping we went another direction. I won't be slow to admit I was wrong about Willis. If Willis is that good, why the hell did he go into the 3rd? We're pretty stupid if Willis turns out to be better as is 31 other teams. Willis does look more NFL ready especially body wise. Is Willis their starter now? Can he stop the run? My hope is Harris was drafted for the potential greatness with Branch, Wake, and Hayes in mind ahead of him. (Besides speed, haven't seen anything) A first round pick should be starting at the very least. The Mcmillan injury is making the Foster choice worth the issues.

Hayes doesn't offer anything in the passing game, Harris (if he can find his way) offers nothing vs the run, Branch is mediocre in both.

We're going to be routinely exposed with the wrong personnel on the field b/c neither our scheme or players offer any versatility. We're running a scheme that was a single gameplan from 20 years ago with a mindset of prototypes from 20 years ago as well.

Hayes doesn't offer anything in the passing game, Harris (if he can find his way) offers nothing vs the run, Branch is mediocre in both.

We're going to be routinely exposed with the wrong personnel on the field b/c neither our scheme or players offer any versatility. We're running a scheme that was a single gameplan from 20 years ago with a mindset of prototypes from 20 years ago as well.

Ya bro they were talking about Jim Schwartz vs the Eagles as a stud D-Coordinator as we were scoring at will. What a joke!! We do need to change schemes. I know it's a huge debate here but we have enough talent on D to have a good defense 10-15th ranked. Reshad, Suh, Wake, Timmons, and others shouldn't be allowing 21 points two minutes into the 2nd quarter. I hope Harris does something against the horrific line of the Bucs so he can shut us up. Tired of claiming to others how good we are based off of talent rather than product. For those who like offense, be very happy. Are we always good at one side and the other we suck? lol my lord it's annoying

Ya bro they were talking about Jim Schwartz vs the Eagles as a stud D-Coordinator as we were scoring at will. What a joke!! We do need to change schemes. I know it's a huge debate here but we have enough talent on D to have a good defense 10-15th ranked. Reshad, Suh, Wake, Timmons, and others shouldn't be allowing 21 points two minutes into the 2nd quarter. I hope Harris does something against the horrific line of the Bucs so he can shut us up. Tired of claiming to others how good we are based off of talent rather than product. For those who like offense, be very happy. Are we always good at one side and the other we suck? lol my lord it's annoying

We don't have enough talent to be a top 10-15 ranked defense, Having some stars on your team don't make up for a weak scheme, lack of quality players once you get past the stars and lack of depth.

Does he play special teams? If not he shouldn't even be active against the Bucs based on what he has shown so far. He offers absolutely nothing against the run or pass right now.

We don't have enough talent to be a top 10-15 ranked defense, Having some stars on your team don't make up for a weak scheme, lack of quality players once you get past the stars and lack of depth.

If you read what I said, I made it a point to say we need to change schemes. I don't believe we have weak quality of players either. Who's so bad on our Defense that we couldn't be a top 10-15th ranked D? Wake, Suh, Phillips, Branch, Hayes, Kiko, MLB, McCain, Timmons, Maxwell, Reshad, Mcdonald/ Allen, and Xavien is a talented starting group. We may not have depth at certain positions but I wasn't saying that we did. It's not like I was saying top 5 lol I said if we had a better scheme, with the talent we have, we should be anywhere from 10-15. That's really not going out on a limb. Not to mention, we can ALL be wrong about the D. It's only preseason.

If you read what I said, I made it a point to say we need to change schemes. I don't believe we have weak quality of players either. Who's so bad on our Defense that we couldn't be a top 10-15th ranked D? Wake, Suh, Phillips, Branch, Hayes, Kiko, MLB, McCain, Timmons, Maxwell, Reshad, Mcdonald/ Allen, and Xavien is a talented starting group. We may not have depth at certain positions but I wasn't saying that we did. It's not like I was saying top 5 lol I said if we had a better scheme, with the talent we have, we should be anywhere from 10-15. That's really not going out on a limb. Not to mention, we can ALL be wrong about the D. It's only preseason.

Kiko, Phillips,Branch,Maxwell and Mccain woudn't start for many NFL teams; don't overrate our players because your a dolphin fan. Scheme change or not, the dolphins simply need to acquire more talent on defense. 2016 we ranked 29 in total defense; were not becoming a top 10 defense just by changing the scheme that's just wishful thinking.

I get the feeling the FO - (mike t) value and stress some postions over others. I think he values DL and CB high not so much the LB position.

They feel like they can fill that positin and Ol depth will lesser players. Thats how I see it.
Interesting observation. Didn't he take a lot of CB and DL guys w the Jets?

Kiko, Phillips,Branch,Maxwell and Mccain woudn't start for many NFL teams; don't overrate our players because your a dolphin fan. Scheme change or not, the dolphins simply need to acquire more talent on defense. 2016 we ranked 29 in total defense; were not becoming a top 10 defense just by changing the scheme that's just wishful thinking.

Kiko and Maxwell have started for a three different teams already so 1/10th of the NFL. Branch, McCain, and Phillips are decent players and nothing more. I haven't overrated anyone but don't underrate players because you don't like the financial part of the Branch or Kiko deals. I didn't say top 10. I said anywhere from 10 to 15. You can say talent. I'll go with scheme. Agree to disagree

Back
Top Bottom