Did The Miracle In Miami Change Something? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did The Miracle In Miami Change Something?

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
I can’t shake this feeling.

The Indian Burial Ground curse.
The ******* snowplow.
Culpepper over Brees.
Ricky Williams “retiring.”
John Riggins on 4th down.
Saban The Liar.
Tom Olivadotti.
The Sea Of Hands.

Decades of bad moments.

I cannot remember, in my life, a moment of Dolphins typical frustration turning into a moment of absolute joy like what happened Sunday.

There are moments that turn franchises around. The Tuck Rule. The Immaculate Reception. The Catch. Terrell Davis. Beast Mode. The Herschel Walker Trade.

Was this that moment? Have the football gods decided we have suffered enough?

Probably not. But...I can’t shake this feeling.

I can’t shake this feeling.

The Indian Burial Ground curse.
The ******* snowplow.
Culpepper over Brees.
Ricky Williams “retiring.”
John Riggins on 4th down.
Saban The Liar.
Tom Olivadotti.
The Sea Of Hands.

Decades of bad moments.

I cannot remember, in my life, a moment of Dolphins typical frustration turning into a moment of absolute joy like what happened Sunday.

There are moments that turn franchises around. The Tuck Rule. The Immaculate Reception. The Catch. Terrell Davis. Beast Mode. The Herschel Walker Trade.

Was this that moment? Have the football gods decided we have suffered enough?

Probably not. But...I can’t shake this feeling.
While it was great play it is certainly not on top of my list. The great run by Lamar Smith against the Colts in 2000 in OT will be above it just like the pass from Lemon to Camarillo in OT.
There is probably a few more.
It will be remembered as a great play but unless it was the spark which propels us deep into the playoffs by Sunday I have moved on. :cheers:

While it was great play it is certainly not on top of my list. The great run by Lamar Smith against the Colts in 2000 in OT will be above it just like the pass from Lemon to Camarillo in OT.
There is probably a few more.
It will be remembered as a great play but unless it was the spark which propels us deep into the playoffs by Sunday I have moved on. :cheers:
The play itself is so much more fabulous than the plays you mention.

Remains to be seen if it has any ramifications beyond that one win.

Either way, I'm not moving on from that play probably ever.

If anything has changed this football team, it is Adam Gase.

I mean, as upset as I have been with some of his situational gameday calls over the last three weeks, I can't even pretend to deny that he's the difference. He told us what was going to happen before the season even started when he tried to explain some of the team's off-season moves. He wanted a different locker room that would be willing to fight through when the chips were down, and here we are. These guys just won't quit in the 4th quarter, even when they need a miracle.

Don't know where the team's going these three weeks, and I think these are going to be tough games, but at least I know these boys won't quit.

You know, I was talking with my father today. Belichik has been getting ROASTED in the media and by the fans for putting Gronk on the field. I’ve seen talking heads say it was “his biggest mistake as a coach in NE”

We all know he’s wanted out of mass to prove his legacy away from TB12 that he is the GOAT coach.

Could this moment be the straw that broke the camel’s back in his decision to leave?

That play may very well have changed the entire landscape of the NFL moving forward.

Far fetched, I know - but something to ponder.

I believe I detect a trend. Let's see, that would be...Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, John Elway, Russell Wilson, and Troy Aikman

Four Hall of Famers, one cinch Hall of Famer/Greatest Ever nominee, and very likely Hall of Famer in Russell Wilson.

Wilson is often denounced around here, which is laughable. He is very high on the all time lists in one stat after another, including second all time in the vital category of Adjusted Yards Per Pass Attempt. Rodgers is first all time and Wilson is second. They are the only two quarterbacks in NFL history above 8.0.

Well, it made Gronkowski change his underwear when he saw Drake coming at him.

that's why he just flopped to the ground, he couldn't run or you'd see the crap running down his leg ;-)

I'm trying to be super positive about this. wife had to stay over at work last night so I was like "going to lay in bed and watch end of the game again" for some reason out of all the friggin games my dvr doesn't record its that one. Colts, Jets, Bills game all there no pats. have a feeling that probably 10 Christmas movies were set to record at the same time so it bypassed my game (sorry this will be the last time I vent about the overload of Christmas movies on my dvr til next year and being forced to watched daily and nightly). but its reairing today on nfl network so Im re-dvr'ing.

I dunno, can this turn the tide and we ride the hell out of this emotion, im really hoping so. I've always been furtherest from the Debbie Downer on this forum, always try to find the positive, and everything is aqua and orange colored unicorn glittery poo even at its worst, but sheesh this just feels like one of those times we are going to hit the biggest let down in team history. nobody gave a **** about the fins pats game cause the pats were supposed to destroy us (no one outside of Miami land knows that we've owned them in Mia last few years), well this week we are the nationally televised game. I hope not, and I hope we can ride the wave of momentum all the way to the Lombardi, but im just worried cause ive seen too much in the past, when our team does something to get them morally high, then the following week it feels like they just drop their nuts on the face of the entire fanbase and smother us in a musty sweaty feeling that we cant wash off for a few weeks. MAYBE this time its changed, fingers crossed,

If anything has changed this football team, it is Adam Gase.

I mean, as upset as I have been with some of his situational gameday calls over the last three weeks, I can't even pretend to deny that he's the difference. He told us what was going to happen before the season even started when he tried to explain some of the team's off-season moves. He wanted a different locker room that would be willing to fight through when the chips were down, and here we are. These guys just won't quit in the 4th quarter, even when they need a miracle.

Don't know where the team's going these three weeks, and I think these are going to be tough games, but at least I know these boys won't quit.

Hey J, being of Old School Germanic stock, 2nd Gen, knew my Oma and Opa very well. I have inherited a lot of useful qualities, and some not so useful ones, of the latter being that, if I am wrong, it is a veeeeery bitter pill for me to swallow. This having been said, I must agree with you, the "Team" does "look" better. They look like they have come together as a team, and yes there are weaknesses, but maybe, just maybe, with better line play on both sides of the ball, fewer injuries, the Phins would be, dare I say, playoff contenders. If Mr. Gase is the "One", I would swallow a Sand Spur, and gladly admit to being wrong to see a SB win before I take my Dirt Nap.

The Ever Hopeful VIPER

Back
Top Bottom