Did the Patriots play tonight? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did the Patriots play tonight?

Something else worth noting too is that maybe, just maybe, some of these NE moves in the off season may not work out for them. Cooks did have 88 yards tonight but only three catches, hardly game-breaking stuff, Dwayne Allen had 0 catches for 0 yards (same for Dorsett though he just got there) and if you want to go a step further, Kony Ealy was cut before the season even started after all the talk of him coming over from the Panthers so again...."maybe" these new additions don't end up making the Pats so unbeatable after all. At least we can hope.

I wanted to touch on something Sons said above about '14 with the Pats too. I thought about that with the Chiefs winning tonight because in '14 the Pats dropped to 2-2 after a bad Monday night loss at Arrowhead and all they did was go 10-2 and win the super bowl afterwards. I remember Brady was cussing everyone on the sidelines and they looked like they could come apart - of course, they did not. But we have to have some hope that this thing will end/is about to end soon. When it started going bad for Manning a couple years ago, look at his numbers - he started having more incompletions than completions and wasn't throwing many TDs either. By the end, the INTs start to overtake the TDs as well. Now, the Chiefs will probably prove to be a better defense than what most teams can throw at NE this year, but for the first game, with the Chiefs being, I believe, -1 on turnovers tonight. I'll take what happened......and continue to hope that NE defense is that poor and that Brady is starting the decline.

Oh god. I thought you'd know better. LOL

Check out the Pats '14 season for supposed doomsday predictions and get back to me.

I'm not making a doomsday prediction on the Pats, I'm just saying why couldn't that vaunted scheme save them from Alex Smith ? I would also say when lacking talent, scheme will have a bigger effect on the offensive side of the ball.

Why is it the Pats always seem to make swiss cheese out of the Seahawks Defense ,too many match up problems or the Seahawks scheme is inherently weak vs the Patriots offense ?

I'm not making a doomsday prediction on the Pats, I'm just saying why couldn't that vaunted scheme save them from Alex Smith ? I would also say when lacking talent, scheme will have a bigger effect on the offensive side of the ball.

Why is it the Pats always seem to make swiss cheese out of the Seahawks Defense ,too many match up problems or the Seahawks scheme is inherently weak vs the Patriots offense ?

Same reason that an Alex Smith led Chief's offense dropped 41 pts on them in '14. 1) Andy Reid is an excellent coach and playcaller 2) It's early and the Patriots adjust better than anyone in the league .

Patriots make "swiss cheese" out of the Seahawks defense? That's news to me.

I'm a huge fan of Belichick defensively. His scheme, strategy, and creativity are 2nd to none.

Idk why because during most of their championship years there defenses always have been overrated in my opinion, more of the bend don't break type.

Idk why because during most of their championship years there defenses always have been overrated in my opinion, more of the bend don't break type.

You're trying too hard to discredit their defense and it's foolish. Just because it isn't flashy doesn't mean it isn't sound in structure.

I wouldn't think I'd have to remind you that Belichick has 7 SB rings for a reason.

Same reason that an Alex Smith led Chief's offense dropped 41 pts on them in '14. 1) Andy Reid is an excellent coach and playcaller 2) It's early and the Patriots adjust better than anyone in the league .

Patriots make "swiss cheese" out of the Seahawks defense? That's news to me.

Brady went 23/32 316 1 int and 6/10 on third conversions but the patriots defense gave up 420 total yards.

Brady went 23/32 316 1 int and 6/10 on third conversions but the patriots defense gave up 420 total yards.

Huh? What are you doing posting box scores? That's some weak ****.

We are talking about decades of defensive dominance by Belichick, not a single game.

Just one game and the chiefs run an offense that relies on a lot of games but the patriots lb level looks way too slow. And Hightower plays almost all on the los. His loss can't be pinned as the reason for the loss. Again just one game and belichick is a master adjust head coach but that lb level looks bad. David Harris against that style o looks washed up.

That team is so heavily scheme driven over talent on defense. Even malcolm butler looks like he's taken a step down this year.

Off the los lb level though slow as molasses.

And Brandon cooks might have serious wheels but he plays small on any sticks type route. Probably why New Orleans let him go. If New England plans on making a living with him on 3rd down they better unleash that pick game of theirs. Hogan is the definition of a scheme driven production player. He'd be trash on a lot of teams.

Kc took a massive hit Eric berry is done. I don't need to wait for an MRI that's a torn Achilles. Huge hit.

Kc oline very athletic that kid hunt can play too at rb. Only thing he lacks is long speed. There's no steen level athletes on that kc oline.

Justin Houston did nothing as a pass rusher for 3 quarters of the game they got that 8 point lead he could pin his ears and he finished on the qb. That's what I need from Charles Harris to validate the pick. Nothing more. Finish in pin ear opportunities.

That xmas eve road game at kc has coal in our stockings written all over it. Outside of the trip to New England by far our toughest test.

Last edited:
You're trying too hard to discredit their defense and it's foolish. Just because it isn't flashy doesn't mean it isn't sound in structure.

I wouldn't think I'd have to remind you that Belichick has 7 SB rings for a reason.

Your making a strawman argument I never said they didn't have a sound structure. If your trying to say that the defense is the biggest reason for 7 SB rings then you must of forgotten that Tom Brady and the offense along with Belichick being the head coach are the biggest factors in their success.

Huh? What are you doing posting box scores? That's some weak ****.

We are talking about decades of defensive dominance by Belichick, not a single game.

Smh were talking about the Seahawks vs The Pats please stay on topic, Pats and Seahawks only played twice from 2014 to 2016 ; Both times the offense didn't have a problem putting up points on a top notch defense.

If I'm Miami I would implement some things to stretch that pats d horizontally assignment wise to free up the inside. So much of what kc does is relying on tyreek hill to stretch the opposition. That's a serious threat. Kinda threat jakeem grant might be able to be to free up Ajayi inside zone but he will never take contact the way tyreek does. That dude is a stick of dynamite.

I would sure try to exploit that lb level range and speed wise. I'm not sure what their offset would be. I don't see it. Just don't line up and think you can exploit it pure downhill.

Double gronk make those smurf WRs beat you on 3rd down. They all play tiny. Maul their asses. Let Howard match footwork with them he's the one db we have that can.

Just one game and the chiefs run an offense that relies on a lot of games but the patriots lb level looks way too slow. And Hightower plays almost all on the los. His loss can't be pinned as the reason for the loss. Again just one game and belichick is a master adjust head coach but that lb level looks bad. David Harris against that style o looks washed up.

That team is so heavily scheme driven over talent on defense. Even malcolm butler looks like he's taken a step down this year.

Off the los lb level though slow as molasses.

And Brandon cooks might have serious wheels but he plays small on any sticks type route. Probably why New Orleans let him go. If New England plans on making a living with him on 3rd down they better unleash that pick game of theirs.

Kc took a massive hit Eric berry is done. I don't need to wait for an MRI that's a torn Achilles. Huge hit.

Kc oline very athletic that kid hunt can play too at rb. Only thing he lacks is long speed. There's no steen level athletes on that kc oline.

Justin Houston did nothing as a pass rusher for 3 quarters of the game they got that 8 point lead he could pin his ears and he finished on the qb. That's what I need from Charles Harris to validate the pick. Nothing more. Finish in pin ear opportunities.

That xmas eve road game at kc has coal in our stockings written all over it. Outside of the trip to New England by far our toughest test.

Its sad to see a top 5 Safety like Berry go, that's a huge loss for the Chiefs defense.

Houston has better Flexibility and Technique but against the Jets and the Bills, Harris will get that chance to pin his ears back ,I'm curious to see how he will perform under those circumstances.

Your making a strawman argument I never said they didn't have a sound structure. If your trying to say that the defense is the biggest reason for 7 SB rings then you must of forgotten that Tom Brady and the offense along with Belichick being the head coach are the biggest factors in their success.

You can't separate Belichick from the Patriots defense; they go hand in hand. Belichick also won two SBs as a DC. And of course, BB has everything to do with the success of the Patriots as an organization from top to bottom. I don't get where you're going there.

Here are the years BB has won the SB and his defensive ranking by points allowed:

'86 - #2
'90 - #1
'01 - #6
'03 - #1
'04 - #2
'14 - #8
'16 - #1

This isn't too hard to figure out. The year they had there lowest ranking in '14 has been the year that has been discussed when they gave up 33 pts to us in the opener and 41 pts to the Chiefs in week 4. Beyond that, Belichick's defenses have been absolutely superb and the main reason he has 7 championships.

So much of what pass rushers do is exploit the pin ears opportunities. They can be ghost all game get leads pin ears and pile up stats.

That's what we need from harris. Be wakes robin to his batman.

It won't be long watching those WRs play tiny on 3rd down sticks routes before they resort to the pick game and illegal stuff. Hopefully the NFL calls it. They still don't call the dont come set for a full second before the snap the pats use over and over.

Back
Top Bottom