Did we give up too much for Ricky? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we give up too much for Ricky?

Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy
i think stats do not tell the whole truth. ricky was in a bad situation in no. he is in a better place, with a better o coordinator, his social anxiety disorder has finally been diagnosed (which by the way he was ready to quit football until they diagnosed and started treatment for), and i think he will be a pleasant suprise for all of us phin fans...and perhaps will make you forget all about f taylor!:D

I will have to disagree with that..Fred taylor is a better rb than William and if he stays healthy could lead legue in rushing....The only downfall to Fred is health(As we all know)...Fragile Fred is very explosive back who has power like but could break the long runs..We all know how good this guy can be just remeber that awful playoff game but I don't agree with Fiend that we gave up too much for Ricky..I would had prefer Taylor but I'm happy with Ricky ........Hey Fiend this argument is really meaningless as of now...

okay, to put a capper on this thread i will say that i am not happy with this trade. Ricky Williams will have to make me a believer because i am not one of the people, like many on this site, who tout the "ricky williams is gonna be great" line. I seriously hope he is all that and a bag of chips, but i will be a HUGE skeptic until he proves otherwise. we can put this baby to bed now ~out

I think Ricky will do much better, I mean hey, it was his first game and he's still getting used to the offense like everybody else on the team. An entirely new offensive scheme with a new coordinator and running back takes a while to become a well oiled machine. Lot of work to do, but it will work out.:cool:

Jaydog.............

Originally posted by Jaydog57
I think Ricky will do much better, I mean hey, it was his first game and he's still getting used to the offense like everybody else on the team. An entirely new offensive scheme with a new coordinator and running back takes a while to become a well oiled machine. Lot of work to do, but it will work out.:cool:

Well said brother, well said.:cool: :bling:

Guys I'm new to the site and am a fins fanatic and agree that I would have liked the fins to look better in their pre-season debut. But lets not get to carried away with this first pre-season game. It means nothing except the coaches got a look at some players in real game situations. The fish didn't game plan nor were they at all creative in their play calling. We need to lay off Jay for missing that deep pass intended for an open Chambers. Jay just started practicing at full speed last week. We really need to lay off Ricky and even the O-line. NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO RUN WITH 8 MEN IN THE BOX AND RUN BLITZES ON EVERY PLAY NOBODY. Are O-line didn't give up one sack whether it be 1st team, 2nd team or 3rd team and we used the fullbacks and TE's in the passing game. Things will come together you'll see. Unfortunately I think the team will be very vanilla in the Saints game also so get ready for another week of negativity. I think we will look pretty good in the third pre-season game but the excuse will be that we are playing Houston. Pessimists are pessimists there is not much we can do about that. This team has gone 22-10 in the last 2 seasons and made the playoffs 5 years in a row. You'd have to be an idiot to think with their off-season aquisitions they wouldn't be better this season. Guys check a little NFL history and you'll see the good teams suck in the pre-season. Look at Marv Levy's Bills or Bill Walsh's niners and you'll see what I mean. Look at us one of are best pre-seasons was JJ's first year. We went 8-8 and missed the playoffs. I'm not a Fred Taylor fan and would have been pissed if we traded for him. I think I would be more durable then him with no practice and a six pack deep.

Z28&dolfan...............

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
Guys I'm new to the site and am a fins fanatic and agree that I would have liked the fins to look better in their pre-season debut. But lets not get to carried away with this first pre-season game. It means nothing except the coaches got a look at some players in real game situations. The fish didn't game plan nor were they at all creative in their play calling. We need to lay off Jay for missing that deep pass intended for an open Chambers. Jay just started practicing at full speed last week. We really need to lay off Ricky and even the O-line. NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO RUN WITH 8 MEN IN THE BOX AND RUN BLITZES ON EVERY PLAY NOBODY. Are O-line didn't give up one sack whether it be 1st team, 2nd team or 3rd team and we used the fullbacks and TE's in the passing game. Things will come together you'll see. Unfortunately I think the team will be very vanilla in the Saints game also so get ready for another week of negativity. I think we will look pretty good in the third pre-season game but the excuse will be that we are playing Houston. Pessimists are pessimists there is not much we can do about that. This team has gone 22-10 in the last 2 seasons and made the playoffs 5 years in a row. You'd have to be an idiot to think with their off-season aquisitions they wouldn't be better this season. Guys check a little NFL history and you'll see the good teams suck in the pre-season. Look at Marv Levy's Bills or Bill Walsh's niners and you'll see what I mean. Look at us one of are best pre-seasons was JJ's first year. We went 8-8 and missed the playoffs. I'm not a Fred Taylor fan and would have been pissed if we traded for him. I think I would be more durable then him with no practice and a six pack deep.

First off, welcome aboard! You will soon find that you won't be able to stay away from Finheaven.;) Good analysis by the way.........:band:

we gave up the 25th pick in the draft...there is nobody that came out in this draft that is of rickys caliber...if we give up a 1st round pick next year than rw rushed for over 1500 yards,2nd round-1200 yards and if not than a 3rd round pick...and if he rushes for 1500 yards than that means we will probably be picking very late in the 1st round(25-32)it was a NO-BRAINER...

If we give up two first rounders for Ricky, it means that Ricky will probably lead the AFC in rushing and certainly be a Pro Bowler.

This maybe a little old. But what is with all the crap on Dorsey? We are still talking about drafting a QB in the 1st round? Screw Dorsey, Fiedler is a hell of a lot better than our offensive line, our defensive line, and a few other minor positions (TE, FB, SS). Why don't we concentrate on a position we need so we can get to the Super Bowl, not a QB who will back us up for two years until we begin rebuilding. You know rookie QB's don't start in their first year. Hell the #3 pick of the draft on one of the suckiest teams in football whose QB's suck won't even start the season. I say trade our picks for someone good and win the Super Bowl this year. We don't need to rebuild yet, and drafting a guy like Dorsey will start the rebuilding process. If we pull a Jets/Pennington, I will shoot someone.

Ricky Williams with another unimpressive outing! I am starting to get REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF ! ! ! ! !

It takes SOME blocking....sheez give the man a break.....the O-line SUCKS!!!!

Originally posted by Dolphinfiend
Ricky Williams with another unimpressive outing! I am starting to get REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF ! ! ! ! !

He just needs about 10-15 more carries to get it going.....but being down 17-0......are you willing to give it to him? Now you see our frustration.

Uh oh, TWO first round picks?!?!?!? Well at least miami finally has a running game! LOL

Ricky needs decent line (Not great) to run behind and so far are Oline is not even close to that(On run blocking).He doesn't have the speed to take it outside...I'm corcerned with our offensive line but I'm hoping this will be corrected once the starters are named.....

Draft Dorsey and he starts year 2. Harrington will start but rookie QBs not named Marino always suck.

Back
Top Bottom