Did we just watch a football game? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we just watch a football game?

I also don't like how Henning handcuffed the offense once again, but I give the benefit of the doubt because of it being the first preseason game. We cannot allow Henning to limit this offense this year with the weapons we have. You don't throw to Lousaka Polite covered by a linebacker on third and long. This is not Wannyball.
As far as I'm concerned that's fine for the preseason. I'd rather not show any of our new stuff. I wouldn't read to much into the playcalling and what not during these games. It's really just practice against a different team.

The defense played mediocre. The offense played horrible. First preseason game means there are 3 more weeks to get things going. If we had to have such an abysmal performance, I'm glad it was preseason game 1. If this kind of play continues through the last preseason game, that would be an indication of cause for concern, but as of now, Sparano walks away with a TON of motivational video and areas of work for this team.

yeah, it was frustrating to see those drops. Tampa Bay caught the ball better. but they didn't protect it. they fumbled seven times. in the end, both teams had to fight through this game.

LOL @ this thread.

We started in the mud! Not only is half the team already gun shy about injuries but they are probably playing somewhat scared in the rain. BOTH offenses stalled when they got to the muddy infield.

Oh no someone who had caught 300 + passes over the course of 3 seasons has suddenly forgotten how to catch and obviously this 1 game performance is a perfect indicator of how he is going to perform for the rest of the season. Get a clue!

Run defense played well with the exception of a few long runs on the second stringers. Nothing to worry about the long passes will get nullified when you start throwing some creative blitzes in there and creating a lot more pressure for the QB.

Maybe some of you can find something more important to worry about and quit cluttering up the board.

RUSHING, RUSHING AVG, PASSING, RECEIVING. Yes, we got turnovers...and did what on the scoreboard with them?

I'm just saying, if you're gonna brag about the defense as a whole this game....you're high. If you want to brag about Soliai's recovery of the QB fumble that SOliai recovered after 5 seconds of the other 4 defensers not knowing wtf was going on, ok. If youre talking about the INT that was like a punt, ok. If you want to talk about the Bucs running like Forrest Gump after Dr. Pepper, ok. But realistically, this wasn't a very good showing of this team. I don't care about it being preseason game 1. The starting unit looked flat and no intensity. Sean Smith got BURNED because he wanted to protect a yard of a corner route and left the receiver 6-10 yards of room to run after the catch. He was standing straight up. And then tried to throw his arms NEAR the receiver before he was at the 5.

You all know from my previous posts I am VERY optimistic about this year's team. I was just highly disappointed with our first showing. Step it up, professionals.

You're pretty accurate on this one... I've watched the play where Stroughter scored several times.. Sean Smith gave Stroughter 10 yards of cushion (which is what the defense called for on that play)...

The problem is when Stroughter caught the ball, Smith was standing at the 1 and Stroughter caught the ball at about the 6 yardline.... Smith never planted and drove... he just stood there...

By the time he decided to come and *ahem* attempt the tackle... It was a pretty pathetic effort on the tackle... I would describe it basically as you did.. all he managed to do was throw his arms AT the receiver...

Ireland's 9 year old niece would've scored on that play....

Bottom line is I need to see better reaction time and a TON more effort on the tackle from Smith... he flat out has to get better at this... the effort and fundamentals are still inconsistent for him in this department..

There is a reason that every Bronco fan in the country wanted to pull their hair out when they lost Brandon Marshall for two measly 2nd rounders. I can't believe the stuff I hear on this board. If the game was that friggin' important, we WON. LOL

There is a reason that every Bronco fan in the country wanted to pull their hair out when they lost Brandon Marshall for two measly 2nd rounders. I can't believe the stuff I hear on this board. If the game was that friggin' important, we WON. LOL
These games are meaningless. Sure we didn't play well, but we still have 3 games to figure out what was wrong and play better.

LOL @ this thread.

We started in the mud! Not only is half the team already gun shy about injuries but they are probably playing somewhat scared in the rain. BOTH offenses stalled when they got to the muddy infield.

Oh no someone who had caught 300 + passes over the course of 3 seasons has suddenly forgotten how to catch and obviously this 1 game performance is a perfect indicator of how he is going to perform for the rest of the season. Get a clue!

Run defense played well with the exception of a few long runs on the second stringers. Nothing to worry about the long passes will get nullified when you start throwing some creative blitzes in there and creating a lot more pressure for the QB.

Maybe some of you can find something more important to worry about and quit cluttering up the board.

I find this post intriguing. Mike Williams, a rookie, didn't have probs catching in the rain. BM did.

"Playing scared in the rain"?.... This is the NFL. If you are scared to play at all, you don't belong in the NFL.

For the record, I didn't declare the season over. I simply stated that this game wasn't a good showing and the kids better step it up, cuz the difference between Tampa Bay in week 1 preseason, and the Jets week 3 couldn't be further apart, and only a month and change away.

You're pretty accurate on this one... I've watched the play where Stroughter scored several times.. Sean Smith gave Stroughter 10 yards of cushion (which is what the defense called for on that play)...

The problem is when Stroughter caught the ball, Smith was standing at the 1 and Stroughter caught the ball at about the 6 yardline.... Smith never planted and drove... he just stood there...

By the time he decided to come and *ahem* attempt the tackle... It was a pretty pathetic effort on the tackle... I would describe it basically as you did.. all he managed to do was throw his arms AT the receiver...

Ireland's 9 year old niece would've scored on that play....

Bottom line is I need to see better reaction time and a TON more effort on the tackle from Smith... he flat out has to get better at this... the effort and fundamentals are still inconsistent for him in this department..

You put it better than I did. Thank you!

I find this post intriguing. Mike Williams, a rookie, didn't have probs catching in the rain. BM did.

"Playing scared in the rain"?.... This is the NFL. If you are scared to play at all, you don't belong in the NFL.

For the record, I didn't declare the season over. I simply stated that this game wasn't a good showing and the kids better step it up, cuz the difference between Tampa Bay in week 1 preseason, and the Jets week 3 couldn't be further apart, and only a month and change away.

Mike Williams didn't have problems catching in the rain meaning? You act like BM is never going to catch the ball again, yet his entire NFL career has proven otherwise. Do you seriously need this explained to you?

Yes playing scared in the rain, as in, don't want any more injuries since there have already been 3 season ending injuries so far and preseason has just started. It's a preseason game in the rain, where people are more prone to get injured, so it's not worth putting everything you have into each and every play when there is an increased risk of injury.

Would you rather them finish a game healthy and have a poor performance, or look awesome yet be put on IR for the rest of the season. I'll take the healthy option every day.

That game was the perfect cure for insomnia... I fell asleep in the first quarter....I hate low scoring sloppy games with little excitement, let's hope this is a one game deal and the offense will be more focused next time.

That game was the perfect cure for insomnia... I fell asleep in the first quarter....I hate low scoring sloppy games with little excitement, let's hope this is a one game deal and the offense will be more focused next time.
This game was boring. Let's hope he next game is played better with some more scoring.

I know you said you don't want to hear it was the weather, but it really was. It was awful out there. The recievers in motion were even slipping. Ronnie played really well for the conditions in my opinion. Let's not freak out just yet... A lot of football left. (Thank God)

I know you said you don't want to hear it was the weather, but it really was. It was awful out there. The recievers in motion were even slipping. Ronnie played really well for the conditions in my opinion. Let's not freak out just yet... A lot of football left. (Thank God)
I agree, the weather was terrible during the game. Some people played well, but they still have lots of time to play together to get better chemistry.

Back
Top Bottom