Did we just watch a football game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did we just watch a football game?

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
I really got tired of hearing the weather being the factor to why our receivers dropped passes. Marshall dropped one and a half passes right in his hands....while Tampa's receivers were catching the same wet ball. Brandon needs to impress with every catch, or these fans will BOO him all year like they did after the wide open drop.

Running game hard to say either way. Spent most of our 1st unit time in the mud. Pressure on Henne equaled many hurries. But I know we were running basic off/def.

Defense looked terrible against the run. Looked lost on 3rd down. Sean Smith got burned protecting a yard of corner route instead of COVERING his assignment.

Special teams was the highlight, specifically Brandon Fields keeping us in it with his great leg.

My overall grade: D

Better get that 1st unit looking hungry, cuz it looks like that wolf just hit the buffet.

Tampa looked pretty darn sloppy too. First preseason game you can't really expect much. The good news is that our young players looked pretty good. I think we had another good draft.

****...time to pack it in and hope for Jake Locker I guess :rolleyes2:

you my friend are out of your mind.. nolan carroll, paul solia, marlon moore, ronnie brown were all bright spots of the game. chad henne held his grown, and played well considering his environment. If i see brandon marshall drop another easy pass, i will kill myself!

I didnt say that. But if you watched the first team units for New England, Washington, New Orleans......they looked much more in tune for 1st preseason game...

.......and they all did it playing in the same type of rain and mud that we did too. .......Oh, wait....

Who cares? It was the first preseason game and no one got injured. It was a great night for the Dolphins. Also, Marshall has caught over 300+ balls the last three seasons combined. Nothing to worry about.

They just looked flat and sloppy on offense most of the game. Came out slow. Maybe the rain had a factor? There were lots of bright spots on defense aside from the secondary getting burnt twice on that TD drive for the Bucs. It's hard to take much from this game other than it was good practice.

What it does for the second game (next weekend) is put more pressure on the starting offense to do something. They need to come out and make plays, pick up first downs, and score points. And Miami's starting secondary needs to show they can lock it down and not give up big plays.

I'm looking forward to the next game.

I didnt say that. But if you watched the first team units for New England, Washington, New Orleans......they looked much more in tune for 1st preseason game...

Playing like well oiled machine takes time. Although I think Maimi has improved in talent there is a lot of transition that is taking place...new starters at WR and interior line on offense...at least 6 new starters at 11 positions on defense. To expect a well-oiled machine in the 1st week of preseason would be ludicrous when there is 9 new starters at 22 positions counting offense and defense.

RUSHING, RUSHING AVG, PASSING, RECEIVING. Yes, we got turnovers...and did what on the scoreboard with them?

I'm just saying, if you're gonna brag about the defense as a whole this game....you're high. If you want to brag about Soliai's recovery of the QB fumble that SOliai recovered after 5 seconds of the other 4 defensers not knowing wtf was going on, ok. If youre talking about the INT that was like a punt, ok. If you want to talk about the Bucs running like Forrest Gump after Dr. Pepper, ok. But realistically, this wasn't a very good showing of this team. I don't care about it being preseason game 1. The starting unit looked flat and no intensity. Sean Smith got BURNED because he wanted to protect a yard of a corner route and left the receiver 6-10 yards of room to run after the catch. He was standing straight up. And then tried to throw his arms NEAR the receiver before he was at the 5.

You all know from my previous posts I am VERY optimistic about this year's team. I was just highly disappointed with our first showing. Step it up, professionals.

If we played well and turned the ball over 3 times on stupid S&%t I would be more angry.

Who cares? It was the first preseason game and no one got injured. It was a great night for the Dolphins. Also, Marshall has caught over 300+ balls the last three seasons combined. Nothing to worry about.

Not sure if true but I read where polite had to get xrays.
Is anyone able to confirm this?

Playing like well oiled machine takes time. Although I think Maimi has improved in talent there is a lot of transition that is taking place...new starters at WR and interior line on offense...at least 6 new starters at 11 positions on defense. To expect a well-oiled machine in the 1st week of preseason would be ludicrous when there is 9 new starters at 22 positions counting offense and defense.

They weren't even playing like a rusty, non-oiled machine. More like still in the box.

Back
Top Bottom