Did We Squandered The Draft?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did We Squandered The Draft??

Ya but the problem is most of these draft picks might end up only being average starters and then you're back to square one.
If "most of your draft picks" end up to be solid (even if average) long term starters, that's a great draft.

Any draft where you land your franchise QB is an automatic A+ for me. I don't care if every other pick flat out sucks. At the end of the day this draft will be judged on whether or not Tua pans out and stays healthy.

It's obviously way too premature for this discussion though. I'd like to say that if they hit on 2/3 with Jackson, Hunt, Kindley and Iggy and/or Davis become quality contributors on defense..... that's a huge win. Its always a plus to find a gem or two, and that guy might be Curtis Weaver.

I'm excited about this draft class despite pounding the table for other names at 18, 26, 39, 56, and 70. I like how Grier and Flores handled everything, although I'd have probably tried harder to jump from 18 for a top tackle prospect.

Those are all great points. I don't know how it factors in, but how hard are these players willing to work? Are they the types who show up early and leave late? These are the kinds of things, as a fan, we don't always know.

Jerry Rice is considered to be the greatest wide receiver who ever played. In his first year, he dropped quite a few passes. But his work ethic was off-the-charts. It's one of the things I loved about Frank Gore when he was in Miami.

That's what's hard to know reading scouting reports, watching games, highlights etc.
The Frank Gore's and Jerry Rice's of the world are a true measure of a man's heart, determination and will. Great examples. Do Hunt, Jackson, Igbinoghene and Davis have that? We'll soon find out. They all come with some development needed. How much, remains to be seen. In Davis' case he has ability but needs to bring back the abilities he showcased as a Sophomore. That's where Flores needs to focus on. The others just might need NFL experience and/or coaching to maximize their potential? Devon Godchaux and Rashad Jones are 2 examples of players, who've developed into quality contributors. Question is was it them or the coaches, who got them to play at the level they achieved?

The Frank Gore's and Jerry Rice's of the world are a true measure of a man's heart, determination and will. Great examples. Do Hunt, Jackson, Igbinoghene and Davis have that? We'll soon find out. They all come with some development needed. How much, remains to be seen. In Davis' case he has ability but needs to bring back the abilities he showcased as a Sophomore. That's where Flores needs to focus on. The others just might need NFL experience and/or coaching to maximize their potential? Devon Godchaux and Rashad Jones are 2 examples of players, who've developed into quality contributors. Question is was it them or the coaches, who got them to play at the level they achieved?
Miami definitely struck out on developmental players more often than not in the past. Like you said, a lot of that was lack of player development.

In Jackson's case, have to wonder how much his bone marrow surgery had to slow him down. Because of that, I think he could improve pretty significantly in 2020.

If "most of your draft picks" end up to be solid (even if average) long term starters, that's a great draft.
I would add that Tua needs to be the guy. If that happens, I think it's a great draft.

Yes we reached on some picks. the reason was we are trying to fix our OL and DLs. TUA makes the draft. If we took BPA on every pick, we would have had more issues with the OL. I thought Brandon Jones 3rd round pick was a reach when LSU Center was available as a BPA that would resolve OL issue. Would not have needed the Kindley pick. Jones was a good reach to fill a hole on the roster. The whole draft was good and about filling holes on the roster inside out. TUA and Weaver were great picks so still a good draft.

Back
Top Bottom