Did you guys see T. Pape | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did you guys see T. Pape

Not athletic enough to start in the NFL

I cringe when we draft a guy like Pape. At least Hadnot has a semblance of quickness and agility. With a Tony Pape you know what you're getting and it's not that damn much.

I hate overachievers. The most boring stories in the world, always the same. Yeah, they give their all, but when the pool is restricted to the elite, like in the NFL, they aren't worth anything.

Right now, Speilman's apologists are clasping at hope for the the likes of Bua, Pope, Hadnot and Pape. I'll fold with that hand, every time.

Kendall Newson and Lamanzer Williams played lights out in NFLE.

Williams was meant to be the next big thing for us opposite JT.

I, unfortunately, have got got to watch a lot of NFLE... it is a poor standard, but Pape is a good player with a good rep coming out of UM. He was a projected 3rd round pick in many mocks that I saw last year.

Awsi Dooger said:
I cringe when we draft a guy like Pape. At least Hadnot has a semblance of quickness and agility. With a Tony Pape you know what you're getting and it's not that damn much.

I hate overachievers. The most boring stories in the world, always the same. Yeah, they give their all, but when the pool is restricted to the elite, like in the NFL, they aren't worth anything.

Right now, Speilman's apologists are clasping at hope for the the likes of Bua, Pope, Hadnot and Pape. I'll fold with that hand, every time.
I kinda agree with you, although for a 7th round pick I like Pape.

Hadnot is the only one of those guys that is gna do anything for us.

Both Pope and Bua are wildly overated my a lot of people on this board.

gofins said:
Sorry for the pessimism too?:shakeno:

I'm more interested to see how Pape responds to HH as his new OL coach. Pape was solid at Michigan and their lineman usually transfer well to the NFL. I don't put alot of stock into NFL Europe but at least he's getting plenty of reps before training camp. We'll see.....

Dominating NFL Europe isnt really a sign of quality. Some decent players have come out of it, but for the most part these guys are playing against NFL Practice squad quality players.

Disgustipate said:
Dominating NFL Europe isnt really a sign of quality. Some decent players have come out of it, but for the most part these guys are playing against NFL Practice squad quality players.
He's got a point too

I watched some of this game and I agree it's sub-par talent. But he did play extremely well and I'm sure the coaching there is sub-par as well. Lets see how he does with Hudson Houck.

Disgustipate said:

Let's see, this ol AVG LIKE 310 LB'S WITH 6'6" linemen. Pape was playing against a really quick DE, that's what impressed me. The fact he was able to move his feet, get in position and keep this guy out. Then on running plays really get after the guys on D. I still think he needs some strenght training, but his feet are a lot more happy than they were last year. A lot of the coaches in NFLE are former players of the NFL who are trying their hats at coaching. A lot of big named players from the NFL are over there teaching the things that made them all pro's. Who ever is coaching Pape's OL, atleast in the first game had them on the right track. How well that translate to Houck's teaching and the fin's new strength program, I'm not sure. All I know is that I don't think Pape would have looked as good in NFLE last year as he looks in game 1 of NFLE this year. I was hoping he was a jewel 7th rounder, and I was disappointed in preseason with him, he looks a lot better.

this is NFL Europe, everyone better play good cuz if not ur bagging groceries

Hey, it's better news than if he was just average or sucked in that league! At least it makes you feel there's a chance.

I saw him and thought he did really well too. My thought was that even if he did do well, he's another right tackle. It seems like we've got plenty of people to fight it out at RT. I'd really like to see a C or LT.

dolfreak said:
this is NFL Europe, everyone better play good cuz if not ur bagging groceries

Trust me, everyone in NFLE doesn't play well, based on the 1st game, there's a lot of camp dust gathering to be cut as soon as camp is over. On the other hand Pape stood out as maybe someone ready to challenge.

I also saw alot of mock drafts and scouting reports actually ranking him as one of the best tackles last year. Does anyone know why his stock fell so much? Injuries? Off-field issues?

Back
Top Bottom