Did you guys see T. Pape | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did you guys see T. Pape

Great news. I knew he'd be a solid player sooner or later.....

You know what's funny, all of Spielman's OL draft picks were solid choices. {Hadnot / Pape / Carey}

Compared to to Wanny's picks {Smith / McKinney / Whitely} who all basically suck wind....

It's amazing what good scouting can bring you. Rick has done excellent IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Awsi Dooger said:
I cringe when we draft a guy like Pape. At least Hadnot has a semblance of quickness and agility. With a Tony Pape you know what you're getting and it's not that damn much.

I hate overachievers. The most boring stories in the world, always the same. Yeah, they give their all, but when the pool is restricted to the elite, like in the NFL, they aren't worth anything.

Right now, Speilman's apologists are clasping at hope for the the likes of Bua, Pope, Hadnot and Pape. I'll fold with that hand, every time.

lol@who would you rather have in the 5th-7th rounds? most players taken in those rounds dont even make their teams, and we got some decent playing time out of those guys, excluding pape... how can you talk down about late 2nd day picks who actually played and played well for a team? crazy...

ih8brady said:
Wasnt Marcus Robinson a NFLE star once? Dont underestimate the possibility of a CFL, AFL or NFLE making it big.

dont forget the XFL:roflmao: :roflmao:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Great news. I knew he'd be a solid player sooner or later.....

You know what's funny, all of Spielman's OL draft picks were solid choices. {Hadnot / Pape / Carey}

Compared to to Wanny's picks {Smith / McKinney / Whitely} who all basically suck wind....

PHINZ RULE!!!
If Pape makes the squad this year along with all the draft picks that made the squad last year, Rick will have 100%, of 100% his draft picks, make the team.

Back-ups, starters, special teamers, or whatever, that's a pretty impressive stat.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

You mean excellent at judging talent right? NOT at making trades to acquire talent....

Papes stock fell cause of his combine #s he was slow, stiff, basically couldnt move and wasnt all that strong, so they all say that if its a day 2 pick it has to atleast have potential and upside and due to his poor mesurables they all thought he had virtyually no upside and that he was nothing but that, an overachiever.

MDFINFAN said:
That's how Kurt Warner started out, Deholme of the panthers, you have to start dominating somewhere to be able to play in the NFL..I was happy to see his foot work, his meanness, and toughness..It was good to see a OLman from the phins dominate something after last year.

And dont forget who was the best O-line man we had a few years ago...an unknown from the Canadian football league!!
Im glad the kid did well. Coach HH is coming in an evaluating everybody the same. Im sure he will give everybody a shot at proving themselves, and he will line up whoever shows him the most during TC.

PHINSfan said:
And dont forget who was the best O-line man we had a few years ago...an unknown from the Canadian football league!!
Im glad the kid did well. Coach HH is coming in an evaluating everybody the same. Im sure he will give everybody a shot at proving themselves, and he will line up whoever shows him the most during TC.

agreed, funny thing is, as bad as our O was last year, Chicago was even worst. I didn't think you could do worst than our O..ha ha, tait, for not signing with us. So I'm hoping in a new scheme, we can do a lot better.

I just watched highlights of the game--the whole O-line played well--it is only reserve footy,but players like Warner did come from NFL Europpe--its certainly no worse than pre season

arsenal said:
lol@who would you rather have in the 5th-7th rounds? most players taken in those rounds dont even make their teams, and we got some decent playing time out of those guys, excluding pape... how can you talk down about late 2nd day picks who actually played and played well for a team? crazy...

bingo.

For all those who say that the NFL Europe league is second rate...then what would you call college football? Everyone gets all excited about Ronnie Brown, or Alex Smith, but these guys play against teams where most of the players won't even MAKE it to the NFL.

At least most of the players in NFLE are ON an NFL roster.

I thought he played very well. It will be interesting to watch him the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom