Did you really think we would take Edwards? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did you really think we would take Edwards?

GridironCanuck

Starter
Reaction score
There is finially a sense of closure of sorts considering Miami finially did what they were going to do over a month ago... draft Ronnie Brown. I cannot believe that many people here are upset because we took brown over Edwards. We would have not helped our situation much at all considering that we have good receivers anyways.

Saban blew more smoke than any other HC this draft. I almost dare to say that he will have little bluffing piower in years to come ...lol. I am sure that he had to constantly speak to his players about the latest rumors:

to Chambers "You are our guy... we are not taking edwards"

to Feely "Relax you have the start."

In the end what happened was we drafted the best guy for Miami. What would have happened if the Minnesota trade came though? That would have been horrible IMO. Could you imagine if we didn't get any of the top three RBs after trading?

We had a huge need and we filled it with a guy that most experts say has the most potential of being an impact RB in the NFL. Only time will tell but I expect great things from H2 and cannot wait for the season to begin.

yes... I thought it was Braylon right up until Ronnie's agent was on the phone just before the adverts, then you saw Ronnie smiling on his mobile.

Im not surprised.... but Edwards is as good a pick as Brown. Brown fills a need yes.... But I dont think it wouldve been disappointing to have Edwards.
That being said.. its all moot now anyway!.. Lets back Brown (no pun intended)... and enjoy the season

Same here, I really thought it was going to be Edwards when no trade was announced with about 3 minutes remaining in the pick. I am really happy either way. The only picks that would've upset me were Benson or Rodgers. I think we got one of the top players availible, and now we just have to use him.

finsnchips said:
yes... I thought it was Braylon right up until Ronnie's agent was on the phone just before the adverts, then you saw Ronnie smiling on his mobile.

Haha...me too.

I was shocked about the pick because I truly thought Minny was really targeting Braylon. I thought we'd be able to trade him there and pick up some extra picks. After Minny reached for Williamson :shakeno: , it's clear we made the right decision.

I knew all along that it would be Ronnie Brown. Very little doubt!

within 2 years brown will prove merrill hodge correct and show the world he was the best player in the 05 draft. i am so glad we took him and not edwards.

Saban got me. I preferred Brown to Edwards, but I thought Saban wanted to trade down more than anything after Smith was gone.

tenndolfan said:
within 2 years brown will prove merrill hodge correct and show the world he was the best player in the 05 draft. i am so glad we took him and not edwards.

Amen! I think that through the first three rounds we had one of the three best drafts in the NFL along with the Cards and the Cowboys...

I thought it would have been Edwards as well.

Back
Top Bottom