Didn't the Dolphins go 11-5 with Jay and no run game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Didn't the Dolphins go 11-5 with Jay and no run game?

XNOUGHT

Objective Pats fan ;)
Reaction score
I think that is a YES!!

I remember is 2002, Dave was the coach, Jay was the QB, and the trash hoe Lamar Smith was the RB.

He averaged 3.6 yards a carry and was bad all year long.

Yet you guys ran to 11-5 and everyone always thought of the Dolphins as a passing team with 41-6 wins over the Colts and such.

?????

WTF is going on!?!?!?!?!?

The Dolphins were a passing team. Now though who knows whats happened to Fiedler. Remember last year he got hurt and Ray lucas came in. Maybe he STILL isnt 100% from that injury.

The Dolphins had a great passing game and thats what I want to see happen again. We have the recievers for it. We dont have the protection though (Holding penalty after holding penalty) so that may also be a reason that we arent throwing well enough.

The refs are calling against us but not for us as well. The past two weeks we've had some bad calls go against us that may have changed the outcome of the game.

Originally posted by LoXiN
The Dolphins were a passing team. Now though who knows whats happened to Fiedler. Remember last year he got hurt and Ray lucas came in. Maybe he STILL isnt 100% from that injury.

The Dolphins had a great passing game and thats what I want to see happen again. We have the recievers for it. We dont have the protection though (Holding penalty after holding penalty) so that may also be a reason that we arent throwing well enough.

The refs are calling against us but not for us as well. The past two weeks we've had some bad calls go against us that may have changed the outcome of the game.

I totally agree with you on this LoXiN

The Week against the Jags we won. What I mean by "changed the outcome of the game." I mean I might not have gotten beer spilled over me at the local bar. Which might not have led to my GF finding out I wasnt visiting my mother... but thats another story.

I mean it was an "on the edge of your seat" game and it didnt have to be that way if the refs had just taken the time to look at the plays a little closer. Or if they had tied they're flags to they're pants at half time so they couldnt call anymore .

Being a dolphins fan, im convinced, takes many years off of our lives. We watch them week after week give up at halftime and play in prevent D.

News Flash Wanny: Prevent D doesnt work well when you play it over and over again.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
I think that is a YES!!

I remember is 2002, Dave was the coach, Jay was the QB, and the trash hoe Lamar Smith was the RB.

He averaged 3.6 yards a carry and was bad all year long.

Yet you guys ran to 11-5 and everyone always thought of the Dolphins as a passing team with 41-6 wins over the Colts and such.

?????

WTF is going on!?!?!?!?!?

It was 2001 actually. We went 9-7 in 2002, just like we're heading for this year.

i think the thumb could be a problem. he looks different this year. his passes are weak and inaccurate. not that he was all that great before but he's regressed some. I remember hearing an article about when Warren Moon broke his thumb, it caused him to have to grip the ball differently for the rest of his career.

I'm not sure Griese is the answer. I think he's a slow learner and has not picked up the offense, but we need a change of pace.

Pass protection is not the problem. Throwing the rock is the problem. Could be lingering damage from the injury, I had nto thought about that.

I just know the guy is not getting it done.

Originally posted by LoXiN

Not this time around. DT stepped out of bounds not once but twice in that reception he made and no one caught that. That alone put the fins in a situation to win the ball game. Had the fins won, the refs falling asleep would've given that game to you. Mare, the D and co. just didn't take advantage.

Agreed with the Bills fan. We had our opportunites but failed miserable.
Oh well lets beat the Chargers

You guys have the tools to be and excellent team.

I think that injury did Jay in and the chance of Miami having at a top 5 offense and a top 3 defense.......

Still wierd that you guys did better as a passing team under Jay instead of a rushing team under the unmatchable Ricky Williams.

It is almost inexplicable.

It is. And in that 2001 season, the right side of the offensive line was played with bad knee injuries (as was the center), Dixon was lost for the season, and we played 16 games with a 3rd string LT signed off the street to start 6 days later. The defense also had gaping holes due to injury. And yet we limped into the playoffs.

Last year we are largely healthy....lead the division wire to wire....and still don't get in. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom