Different view on forester | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Different view on forester

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
Questions:
1. If this were a player would he have been kept in some fashion (IR, PUP, suspended 30 days) and sent to drug rehab?
2. If this had been alcohol, would he have been suspended 30 days and sent to rehab?
3. Is this an example of your value to the team determines the amount of your punishment?
4. If you have an addiction, should we make a distinction between alcohol and drugs?
5. If your employer were not the dolphins (AT and T, local plumbing company, cable company etc) would the punishment be different? Should it?

I have no inside info, but I might have preferred a suspension, send him to rehab, bring him back on probation, drug test weekly, etc.

Well Timmons punishment was pretty soft...

The video was a disgrace on so many levels.

You are assuming Miami "fired" him. I think he was legit embarrassed and resigned once realization hit that morning.

This man has a wife and 3 kids and he is doing lines of coke in his office before a work meeting and filming it for a stripper in Las Vegas who may or may not "keep the baby".

There is no thought process needed here, Miami handled the whole situation perfectly and said the right things.

Doing a line in your office will get you fired, no matter what.

Questions:
1. If this were a player would he have been kept in some fashion (IR, PUP, suspended 30 days) and sent to drug rehab?
2. If this had been alcohol, would he have been suspended 30 days and sent to rehab?
3. Is this an example of your value to the team determines the amount of your punishment?
4. If you have an addiction, should we make a distinction between alcohol and drugs?
5. If your employer were not the dolphins (AT and T, local plumbing company, cable company etc) would the punishment be different? Should it?

I have no inside info, but I might have preferred a suspension, send him to rehab, bring him back on probation, drug test weekly, etc.

IMO,there's a difference between weed or performance enhancing drugs and doing coke.

A guy who is running work meetings after doing 3 lines (and filming himself talking to a stripper in the process) is not going to stay gainfully employed in any job.

If the unit he is managing is doing poorly, it gives the employer the opportunity to not only do the right thing but also not suffer for having made the decision.

They let him resign and keep the money. That was the best he could have wished for.

I was expecting a different camera angle.of the incident...

Questions:

To answer your questions IMO:

1. If he was Jay Cutler, he'd still be starting next week. In all seriousness though, I think a star player may have gotten suspended and sent to rehab. We dont know if he was going to be fired, he resigned before the FO could fire him. I do think he would have been fired. If it was the Pats oline coach, he may have been suspended, but our Oline sucks so bad it makes for a convenient excuse to get rid of him.

2. I think if he was doing shots of whiskey the reaction would still be the same. It's not quiet as jarring as watching someone snort **** up their nose like that, but the poor judgment is the same.

3. Possibly, but its hard to tell how much the fins truly valued Foerster. Like I said above, I think a star player would have been given another chance, but anyone with less than an 8 figure income would probably be cut/fired.

4. There shouldnt be a distinction, alcohol is considered a drug now, but more than the substance, the whole thing was just piss poor judgment and total lack of professionalism.

5. Most companies have a zero tolerance policy, so like others have said, you'd be fired immediately.

To answer your questions IMO:

1. If he was Jay Cutler, he'd still be starting next week. In all seriousness though, I think a star player may have gotten suspended and sent to rehab. We dont know if he was going to be fired, he resigned before the FO could fire him. I do think he would have been fired. If it was the Pats oline coach, he may have been suspended, but our Oline sucks so bad it makes for a convenient excuse to get rid of him.

2. I think if he was doing shots of whiskey the reaction would still be the same. It's not quiet as jarring as watching someone snort **** up their nose like that, but the poor judgment is the same.

3. Possibly, but its hard to tell how much the fins truly valued Foerster. Like I said above, I think a star player would have been given another chance, but anyone with less than an 8 figure income would probably be cut/fired.

4. There shouldnt be a distinction, alcohol is considered a drug now, but more than the substance, the whole thing was just piss poor judgment and total lack of professionalism.

5. Most companies have a zero tolerance policy, so like others have said, you'd be fired immediately.

I agree that if Cutler was doing coke, he would still be starting. Gase is clearly going to start Cutler no matter what happens.

Questions:

The outlier isn't that Forester was fired for what he did. Which answers your question number 5. In the normal business world this type of behavior would get you fired immediately. Should it? Yeah. Companies can't embrace that kind of liability. But your contrast in how Forester is treated vs. how players are treated is correct. They aren't being treated equally. But it's the athletes that are getting different treatment than the rest of society when we forgive all kinds of deviant behavior and still let them return to work after slaps on the wrist. So I'd say your 3rd question explains it all. Forester is more replaceable than a good starting LB. If you want an interesting question to throw out the board, I ask you this. Would Belichick get fired for snorting lines of cocaine and professing his love for a stripper, right before a coaches meeting???? Hell, there might be some owners so desperate for wins that they mandate their head coaches do the same damn thing hoping for Belichick's results. J/k. Sort of.

Back
Top Bottom