Different view on forester | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Different view on forester

As a coach, he should be setting an example to his players.

Although I think even a star player could well be packing his bags if a video was released of him taking drugs in the facility.

With the way the offensive line was playing, I think that was just the last straw....it's so hard not to sound punny when talking about the last "straw" with the "line" coach. I had to retype this three times.

As a coach, he should be setting an example to his players.

Although I think even a star player could well be packing his bags if a video was released of him taking drugs in the facility.

You might be right, it depends on the franchise. But ****....

A video of Joe Mixon laying out his GF didnt keep him from getting drafted, and that was far more disturbing to watch than this guy sniffing up his "substance."

You might be right, it depends on the franchise. But ****....

A video of Joe Mixon laying out his GF didnt keep him from getting drafted, and that was far more disturbing to watch than this guy sniffing up his "substance."

That's obviously worse from a moral perspective, but from a purely business perspective you don't want people doing hard drugs at your place of business while they're supposed to doing an important job. If this video came from his house instead of at work, even an assistant coach like Foerster might have gotten off with a slap on the wrist (and drug rehab).

He should have given Cutler some. Might have inspired him.

Suspension??

After what he just put this team through on top of what his wife must be feeling right now being humiliated and disgraced.....suspension??

It goes beyond using drugs/alcohol. That alone (well, drugs) will get you terminated on the spot at most companies. It's using drugs on the job.....I don't know of a company in the world that would be okay with any option other than termination in that regard.

He didn't party on a day off and fail a random drug test. He snorted coke at his desk in his office at work.

He's lucky he's not facing prosecution of some sort.

No second chance! We were his fresh start after he got caught spanking his monkey in his office at the Bucs. Guys behavior just gets worse. He is an asshole and the oline sucks. Good riddance!

Enough said this fellow needs help at many different levels to get his life straight and make some important decisions. Getting fired hopefully will allow that to happen as football is a cover up for some serious personal issues. In relationship to this thread this guy is not some kid who just had millions thrown at him fresh out of college but a real adult who has had the time to get his sh#t together.

Here is another angle on this story... The reason our o line has been god awful even though we have 3 first round picks starting, and countless failed other draft picks, could be explained by our oline coach being more compncerned with strippers and blow. I don’t think it’s the full reason but it can’t help.

Yet another angle...I’m sick out our head coaches and front office being oblivious to what’s going on with the team. This isn’t a good look for Gase. Our big free agent addition goes awol before game 1, oline coach doing coke before meetings, and the qb he took out of retirement failing miserably. I didn’t think Gase could do anything to spoil what he did last year, but it seems like he is trying really hard.

Questions:
1. If this were a player would he have been kept in some fashion (IR, PUP, suspended 30 days) and sent to drug rehab?
2. If this had been alcohol, would he have been suspended 30 days and sent to rehab?
3. Is this an example of your value to the team determines the amount of your punishment?
4. If you have an addiction, should we make a distinction between alcohol and drugs?
5. If your employer were not the dolphins (AT and T, local plumbing company, cable company etc) would the punishment be different? Should it?

I have no inside info, but I might have preferred a suspension, send him to rehab, bring him back on probation, drug test weekly, etc.
anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

Questions:
1. If this were a player would he have been kept in some fashion (IR, PUP, suspended 30 days) and sent to drug rehab?
If this were a player the NFL would suspend them for at least 4 to 8 games depending on the history and may also be subject to being released by the team

2. If this had been alcohol, would he have been suspended 30 days and sent to rehab?
Addiction is addiction but alcohol is legal at the current time

3. Is this an example of your value to the team determines the amount of your punishment?
A coach always has to lead by example if an officer in the Army has conduct detrimental he is going to face tougher repercussions based on his rank.

4. If you have an addiction, should we make a distinction between alcohol and drugs?
There is no distinction in addiction but there is a distinction in the law about what is legal and what isn't. This was an illegal act.

5. If your employer were not the dolphins (AT and T, local plumbing company, cable company etc) would the punishment be different? Should it?
Can't say because each company reserves the right to enact their own policies with regard to conduct. If this were my employee I'd fire them on the spot.

I have no inside info, but I might have preferred a suspension, send him to rehab, bring him back on probation, drug test weekly, etc.
Guy is a shity coach anyway now he has plenty of time to clean up his life and focus on things more improtant.....his well being.

Here is another angle on this story... The reason our o line has been god awful even though we have 3 first round picks starting, and countless failed other draft picks, could be explained by our oline coach being more compncerned with strippers and blow. I don’t think it’s the full reason but it can’t help.

Yet another angle...I’m sick out our head coaches and front office being oblivious to what’s going on with the team. This isn’t a good look for Gase. Our big free agent addition goes awol before game 1, oline coach doing coke before meetings, and the qb he took out of retirement failing miserably. I didn’t think Gase could do anything to spoil what he did last year, but it seems like he is trying really hard.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom