difficult, painful, but it is the way to do it !!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

difficult, painful, but it is the way to do it !!!!!!

Looking thru teams who went from bad to good did not go thru a dismantling similar to this. I fear they tore it down so far, it might never make it back. Oh well...It will go the way where i eventually lose focus (similar to the Marlins) and I'll no longer be a fan.

Well that’s not true because players see what’s really happening for the most part and if they don’t want to come here then that’s the price we have to pay for awhile until we build it the right way by drafting. We’re not going after big free agents anyway so it’s not something we have to worry about, the money will be for decent hard workers to fill in the roster.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, however as we've already seen with Clowney - good players likely wont want to go to a team thats rebuilding. If we don't hit the draft out of the ballpark, and get a bunch of quality starters, we may end up with having to overpay average veterans, which has been part of the problem.

I truly think that´s not going to happen again, did you see how lammons, Wiltz and Jenkins played today?? they are no names and played at the same level or better than Mincah Fitzpatrick. that´s the way to do it.
Each of those players have played like that for various teams for short stretches. This is why they are on their 3rd and 4th teams. I'm not knocking anyone, but let's keep it in perspective.

Well that’s not true because players see what’s really happening for the most part and if they don’t want to come here then that’s the price we have to pay for awhile until we build it the right way by drafting. We’re not going after big free agents anyway so it’s not something we have to worry about, the money will be for decent hard workers to fill in the roster.
We're going to have to overpay for those decent hard-workers in FA. They know it's a tank job and this may be their last payday.

Some team last year or the year before started 0-5 and made the playoffs. I think?

Flores is no good. He has never been a head coach, he is just the puppet Ross chose to take the blame. If you want to evaluate guys, get Parcells or Cowher here.

We're going to have to overpay for those decent hard-workers in FA. They know it's a tank job and this may be their last payday.

This regime is not going to pay like they did for Suh, those days are over. We will always overpay some for a free agent that’s life but the old days are over

Getting the first overall doesn't mean much. Nothing is guaranteed. Especially when the GM/scouts aren't top notch.

Even if Tua is the real deal and they draft him, look at Andrew Luck. Anointed the second coming of Manning but didn't have an offensive line and he's retired at the age of 29 due to injuries.

Very few teams ever have a draft where they nail most of their picks. Last one I can recall was Dallas in 2016, where they got a starting RB, MLB and QB in the first 4 rounds. Then a decent DT in M. Collins.

This team has a lot of holes to fill, and I'm not sold they have the staff to properly rebuild the team. Not talking about Flores. But the scouts and GM to me aren't good enough.

Flores may have a vision, but there's only one Bill-B in terms of finding players like he's playing Madden.

Tanking may get you a better pick, but it's not a guarantee of future success.

If they are going to avoid FA like Dallas, they better get a draft guru.

This regime is not going to pay like they did for Suh, those days are over. We will always overpay some for a free agent that’s life but the old days are over
Suh was an outlier....

Per position...if there is no RT avaliable in the draft and Tua is willing to come to this dumpster fire and not play his senior year, we will overpay for Jack Conklin and his injuries. Or I can see Tua pulling an Eli until either he is traded or we get it together...more likely traded.

I hope you don't think a year's worth of money means that much to Tua? I'm willing to bet that he can take out a $10 million loan and pay it back through his signing bonus in '21...that's IF he doesn't return to Bama, win the Heisman and another 'chip.

Everything has to line up for this tank to float. We shall see how the rookies handle it.

As the losses pile up, the pain will get easier. In the end, wether it's 40-0, or 7-0 it's still a loss and one step closer to the top pick. There's no point in complaining or acting surprised, we all were warned this was coming, if you're not emotionally strong enough to handle it, my advice would be to take a break from it and not watch the games. This is most likely going to continue and happen just about every week. Yes, the team is currently trash and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Only 14 games left.

No one wants to get outscored 101-10 through the first two games, but if the Dolphins ultimately get their QB of the future, I'm on board with the short-term pain. With over $140 million in cap space this offseason, and a bunch of picks in the top-100 of the draft, the Dolphins will have every opportunity to completely revamp their O-Line before next season. This team will look TOTALLY different when that happens. Phins up!

Suh was an outlier....

Per position...if there is no RT avaliable in the draft and Tua is willing to come to this dumpster fire and not play his senior year, we will overpay for Jack Conklin and his injuries. Or I can see Tua pulling an Eli until either he is traded or we get it together...more likely traded.

I hope you don't think a year's worth of money means that much to Tua? I'm willing to bet that he can take out a $10 million loan and pay it back through his signing bonus in '21...that's IF he doesn't return to Bama, win the Heisman and another 'chip.

Everything has to line up for this tank to float. We shall see how the rookies handle it.

OMG, you’re another Tua Tua Tua guy, will you live in the present for crying out loud, how the hell do you know we’re going after Tua or if he’s going to pull an Eli Manning????? For ****s sake, do you know that’s only happened twice in my lifetime? First Elway and then Manning, it’s rare, very rare for that to happen. I swear based on your posts you’re living in a video game. Worry about what we can control and not worry what could happen

The pain is 12.5% over. Grin and bear it. Our time to enjoy things will be March, April and the 2020’s.
He is right you know...and in the end it will be better than 8-8 and another year of missed playoffs with nothing to show for it. I just wonder if 1 season of tanking is enough...It may take 2-3

In my view it seemed like we were going about the correct way to do it

A young OL was being formed with a vet C and an anchor LT
These guys played together most of the preseason
We had some good pieces to work with in
Tunsil
Drake
P Williams
Minkah
X
Baker
We were set with the upcoming draft and good with cap money to fill a couple holes and add to the core I listed above
We had Rosen an actual QB to evaluate with a chance to be the guy going forward

There were enough vets in Kilgore, Jones, Alonzo to keep us somewhat competent and do a real eval during this season with no playoff expectations and see where we were going into 2020
All idiot Flores had to do was put in systems to allow this to happen and try and mask deficiencies through it all then ball out and see what happened

No instead we NUKE everything resulting in the worst Dolphin team and maybe just team ever

In my view it seemed like we were going about the correct way to do it

A young OL was being formed with a vet C and an anchor LT
These guys played together most of the preseason
We had some good pieces to work with in
Tunsil
Drake
P Williams
Minkah
X
Baker
We were set with the upcoming draft and good with cap money to fill a couple holes and add to the core I listed above
We had Rosen an actual QB to evaluate with a chance to be the guy going forward

There were enough vets in Kilgore, Jones, Alonzo to keep us somewhat competent and do a real eval during this season with no playoff expectations and see where we were going into 2020
All idiot Flores had to do was put in systems to allow this to happen and try and mask deficiencies through it all then ball out and see what happened

No instead we NUKE everything resulting in the worst Dolphin team and maybe just team ever

Time to take a lap to the TNT wall.

There is no correct way to do this...ALL that MATTERS is the end result.

Back
Top Bottom