Dignity | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dignity

Thanks.
My real anxieties come from the fact they have no track record. Just as assistants. And we have not come to play so far.
I was under the impression the brain trust and leadership skills were there to at least compete. We know we don;t have much talent on the field. If there's no adjustments made, no matchups won, players with known great character displaying the opposite, trade rumor leaking out of a pseudo-Patriots locker room, I believe we have the right to question this staff leading the rebuild. (Of course there's nothing we can do except log onto Finheaven looking for hope ).

I think the staff is being "questioned" pretty aggressively and no doubt there's very little patience left
in the Dolphins fan "tank!" I'm reserving preliminary judgment until the back end of the season -- by then
the staff will have had an opportunity to put the wheels back on this thing and hopefully demonstrate
some notable proficiency. The super aggressive roster churn right before the season started was brutal...

But this season is absolutely developmental and lets see if we can actually ID some positive momentum
later on. I honestly cannot see the season progressing as it has started... But if it does all bets are off.

We have to find a way to be minimally competitive and not get blown out consistently...

Not sure how I offended here - I am just reminiscing on a time when my beloved Phins were being led by people who had ( or at least seemed to have) class and diginity. There is no dignity in what is happening here. There's no evidence of heart, passion or the most remote appreciation for the fans. The past 20 years have been rough. We can lose - I get - it's a rebuild. But this is worse. Even New Mexico State scored on Alabama.

Sorry to be harsh, just that this thought can easily exist as a post inside any of the other threads discussing the general woe of the fanbase.

Yes I also miss Shula.

Well, we have one less kneeler, who continues to average under 3 catches a game. There's a start towards dignity.

I am completely onboard with the rebuild - but I am stunned and surprised at the lack of game plan, adjustments and witnessing some examples where the player does not know the play.
Again, objectively, has anyone seen anything from this staff that they know how to coach?
This staff is going to be given the keys to a bunch of top notch talent and tons of $ to sign talent. Can they coach that talent? Yes, I know it's early, but we do not look like a professionally coached team.

How could we? Inexperience all around, lack of talent.

We didn't even know who was going to start almost half the positions on the team going into the third pre season game.

It makes sense we're struggling out of the gate.

There were plays there for the making. We could've lost 35-14 if things bounced our way, which literally nothing did.

The sad thing is, I think they will sucker me into watching all 16 games because eventually we will see some progress.

Sorry to be harsh, just that this thought can easily exist as a post inside any of the other threads discussing the general woe of the fanbase.

Yes I also miss Shula.

That's ok. I was just crying in my Gin & Wheaties this morning.
Most of my fall Monday mornings for the last 20 years have been Gin & Wheaties - lol

I would make a smartass post about how I miss when the Dolphins won things, but that has never happened in my lifetime.

#tankfortua

View attachment 25216I

i miss when the Miami Dolphins had dignity and class.... That is all.
Honestly, we had it all under Don Shula.

He was the winningest coach of all time.
He made the Miami Dolphins the winningest major US sports franchise of all time and so far ahead of any other franchise that we held that record many years after he retired.
He achieved the only undefeated NFL season.
He won Super Bowls.
He built great teams around a dominant runner (Larry Csonka), dominant execution on defense (No Name Defense, Killer B's), and a dominant passer (Dan Marino).
He routinely dominated the division, winning the division almost every year.
He dominated our rivals by going a decade of almost no losses to New England, and at another time a decade of almost no losses to the Bills.
He drafted late every year and still managed to re-invent his teams while being consistently successful.
He only had like 1 or 2 losing seasons (barely losing) in like 33 years as a coach.
He built a team that was routinely the least penalized team in the NFL, and always among the top 3 least penalized.
He built the best mentally prepared team (Thanksgiving in Dallas anyone?) in the NFL almost every year.
He took this wild collection of characters and shaped them into reasonably good citizens and young men.
He honored the team, doing things the right way, honoring the Owner and Dolphins organization, and the city of Miami.
He won consistently and produced an unprecedented number of teams that were legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl each year.
He beat the seemingly unstoppable 1985 Chicago Bears in resounding fashion, and if we hadn't slipped up against Grogan and New England in the playoffs, would have secured a Super Bowl ring for Dan Marino.
He won consistently, and he did it with dignity and class.

We would all love to have someone like Don Shula again. Unfortunately, I think God broke the mold after he made Don Shula … so we'll just need to appreciate him and hope for someone who can win. But I agree, it sure would be nice if we could win and do so with dignity and class.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom