DIII QB: Brett Elliot... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DIII QB: Brett Elliot...

as a free agent signee i have no problem with it. i dont think i would spend a draft pick on him though...

well while at utah he didn't play too much... as a sophmore he got the nod when their QB was benched with alex smith number 2 on the depth charts, it was his first real experience and ended up with 10tds 8 ints 59% completion % in like 6 games... then the next year when he was going to be the starter he injured himself in the second game of the season, and thats when smith took over and the rest is history...

so its kinda hard to predict how a guy could do against top talent after putting up numbers like that in DIII and no real body of work against DI players... no way he gets drafted, but as an UDFA he could be interesting...

I'd take a 7th rd flyer on him. It's hard to get a handle on him due to the competion he face, however he was at a D1 school on scholarship before transferring, so he's got skillz then your average D111 guy.

UDFA, bring him to camp take a look. Can't hurt to have a look-see. Don't like what you see, say bye bye

i've seen him in person, he doesn't have ideal arm strength- he doesn't have the fastball that other nfl prospects have. he takes care of the football, though. he would be a good udfa or maybe even a 7th rounder, just to see what he can do.

Back
Top Bottom