Dimitrius Underwood | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dimitrius Underwood

Bobby Humphrey

I got cut
Reaction score
"The Ottawa Renegades released 10 players, including " "defensive lineman Dimitrius Underwood. Underwood, a former first-round draft pick of the NFL's Minnesota Vikings, was looking to resurrect his football career in Ottawa. The six-foot-five, 295-pound tackle spent time with three NFL teams - Minnesota, the Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys - but made more headlines off the field.
Diagnosed with bipolar disorder, Underwood twice attempted suicide and was arrested three times - including twice in November 2002 on charges of robbing a paraplegic in a wheelchair and punching a policeman. He has also spent time in psychiatric hospitals.
"There was some rust there," Joe Paopao, the Renegades head coach and GM, said of Underwood. "We wanted to take a look at his potential at making an impact and felt we had seen enough that we could look at others on the defensive line.""

I don't think I've ever seen anything like the path that Demitrius Underwood started out on.

I mean, he was drafted in the 1st round by Minnesota. Three months later, he RETIRED. And that was just the beginning. Also ironic. Underwood played for Nick Saban at Michigan State.

i didn't know he played for saban .... and Burress did too??? .... any other attitude guys? this concerns me ....

Back
Top Bottom