Dion Jordan and offset language | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dion Jordan and offset language

Its an idiotic issue. If we cut the 3rd overall pick, we have bigger problems then a few dollars.

By the way, i made this post to point out: the wench in your profile is the one insisting on fighting a no-brainer contract agreement. In Dawn We Trust indeed.

Okay, I hope you making the post, and calling her a wench makes you feel better.

I can understand it from both perspectives. At the end of the day, I just hope it doesn't drag out too long.

Okay, I hope you making the post, and calling her a wench makes you feel better.

I can understand it from both perspectives. At the end of the day, I just hope it doesn't drag out too long.

It will, after i call her a wench a few more times. Like now: wench.

Shaking down the janitors would help the bottom line. But its such a petty, insignificant battle thats not worth the effort. In my opinion, thats exactly what fighting the CBA approved contracts is. The "business perspective" should have been considered when we thought about trading up to grab him. If he wasnt worth a few extra dollars in the unlikely event we cut him, why did we go through with the trade?

Its a idiotic non-issue that we will make a disruption out of. Unlike Tannehill, who clearly wanted to start and became invested(because of his college coaching staff?), Jordan has no ties to us and will most likely look after his own bottom line. Hopefully he doesnt. Hopefully he is so eager to play he ignores the insult of it all. But it doesnt change the fact that this is a completely avoidable situation.

True, but I still feel its a smart move for the franchise and I feel teams that don't demand it from rookies at a minimum are operating foolishly.

There's nothing inherently foolish or smart about it. It's a negotiation of compensation. The way the incentives are structured, the benefit of offset language is minimal, to where MOST teams are not risking holdouts in order to insist upon it.

Would you let Dion Jordan miss half or all of training camp in order to get offset language in his contract? That five hundred grand (out of a salary cap that will be upwards of $130 million) is that important to you?

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Shaking down the janitors would help the bottom line. But its such a petty, insignificant battle thats not worth the effort. In my opinion, thats exactly what fighting the CBA approved contracts is. The "business perspective" should have been considered when we thought about trading up to grab him. If he wasnt worth a few extra dollars in the unlikely event we cut him, why did we go through with the trade?

Its a idiotic non-issue that we will make a disruption out of. Unlike Tannehill, who clearly wanted to start and became invested(because of his college coaching staff?), Jordan has no ties to us and will most likely look after his own bottom line. Hopefully he doesnt. Hopefully he is so eager to play he ignores the insult of it all. But it doesnt change the fact that this is a completely avoidable situation.

Beautifully stated.

I don't consider it an insult at all............again, why should a player who underperforms double dip, isn't getting overpaid for your performance enough?

I don't consider it an insult at all............again, why should a player who underperforms double dip, isn't getting overpaid for your performance enough?

And a player that overperforms his contract should get retroactive pay?

Let me just stop people right now before this gets started.

If anyone, anyone at all, starts trying to apply moral and/or ethical value onto this issue, you're barking up the wrong tree. Just stop. It will save ten pages of "six of one, half dozen of the other" type arguments.

This is not moral. This is not about what is "right". This is a negotiation of compensation. Period.

I see Dawn Aponte's up to her usual crap again.

Would you let Dion Jordan miss half or all of training camp in order to get offset language in his contract? That five hundred grand (out of a salary cap that will be upwards of $130 million) is that important to you?

Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing, but this isn't a "Dion Jordan" issue. It's a precedence issue (to the Dolphins, that is).

No. I was talking about the Dolphins being stubborn. "Here" being the offset issue, for further clarification.

I'm sorry.

I read it wrong.

But yeah I think the Dolphins are sticking to their principles to the point of self-detriment, which I think would probably be a fair working definition for the word "stubborn".

I'm sorry.

I read it wrong.

But yeah I think the Dolphins are sticking to their principles to the point of self-detriment, which I think would probably be a fair working definition for the word "stubborn".

All good. I can see and understand the mix-up, which is why I clarified my response.

And a player that overperforms his contract should get retroactive pay?

Is't that why we get holdouts for renogiation? I have no problem with a player who excells expecting the team to reward him if he outperforms his contract....as long as it is reasonable demands.

I strongly have a problem with an underperforming player not only getting overpaid, but double dipping.

I strongly support the Dolphins business position on this matter and believe their position will become the standard for the league.

Back
Top Bottom